Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Barnacle (Bill)

Astronomy on a modest budget

Hi Ben,

"Originally Posted by chuckywiz View Post
geeepers what a rig..... unfortunately my budget doesnt allow for a ccd in the near or far future so putting up with the dslr is all i can do for now. Im certainly not complaining considering what i think ive been able to achieve with the most budget dslr on the market. will see soon as the clouds go what difference the eos 600d makes.

unfortunately i work most days so solar is out for the time being. if budget wasnt an issue id be all over that too though.
Ben"

My suggestion is to go second hand, you get much more bang with your cash, astronomy can be real cheap for those on a modest budget and there is nothing wrong with second hand equipment (provided good care has been taken by previous owners).

See link below, the objective lens cell should be collimatable on this 6 inch version of Skywatcher.

This 6 incher comes with mount + motor drive, its' all here for $750:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Skywatche...wAAOSwubRXIU72

Go for it if I were you, offers like this don't come around often. Aperture wins with astronomy, you do see much more with the larger aperture.

All the Best.

Kind regards,

Bill

Last edited by Barnacle; 03-05-2016 at 09:20 AM. Reason: typo