Old 22-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Richotech

Help with MaxIM DL focus offsets

I just discovered the use of focus offsets, but I'm not sure how to get it working. I cannot see a change in focus numbers. I have a moonlite stepper focuser and have Focusmax working well. I used focusmax on all my different filters to get the difference between them, and then added the offsets into the filter settings. I have connected MaxIM
to access the focuser via the ASCOM Hub and separately via Focusmax, but I havn't got the focuser to move when the filter changes. I'm using a QSI camera also. The focuser works in MaxIM's focuser tab.

Cheers,
Brett
Old 22-05-2012, 08:27 AM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

Brett,

I'm using filter focus offsets with my Atlas focuser under Maxim and I didn't do anything obviously different to you. I just set up the focus offsets and so long as the focuser is connected it moves when I change filters. The Atlas is quite loud when it moves, so it's pretty obvious that it is working.

Have you looked in the Maxim log files? There might be some hints about what is going on in there. You could also try asking on the Maxim group: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MaxImDL/

Cheers,
Rick.
Old 23-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Richotech

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply. I had a quick look through the logs when I added the offsets. I can see when images are being taken but there is no mention of filter wheel changes, let alone focus changes ?. I have placed a ticket with DL and they are going to check out my settings folder. Maybe if the filter changes aren't being logged then the focus is not being applied also ?.

Cheers,
Brett.
Old 23-05-2012, 09:39 AM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

Good luck, Brett. Hope you get it sorted out.

Cheers,
Rick.