Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 PM
bloodhound31

Shielding camera signal cable

Does anyone here have any practical experience in shielding the signal cable from your CCD camera to your PC?

The proximity of my signal cable to power and power cables is avoidable to some extent, but to get it away completely is impractical and results in cables everywhere.

If I could harness all my cables together as one, but shield them from each other, I could make it a lot tidier.

The problem with signal cable running too close to power is that the EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) creates horrible artifacts on the images.

Baz.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Tandum (Robin)

I have never had this problem yet I have all cables bundled together and run at least 2 usb cameras back to the PC via a hub on the mount. You're not running AC to the mount are you?

In a pinch I guess you could get some braided cable to go around the cameras USB cable and earth it at one end.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Insane Climber (Jason)

I have found that keeping the usb cable as short as possible makes the biggest difference, I even built a table to get the PC up closer to the cam. I have also noticed that if the PC power supply is not sufficient the usb signal suffers allot, i recently moved to a 750W supply and got a big difference.