Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24-12-2015, 05:57 PM
paulj (Paul)

Hello From Sydney

Hi guys,
my name is Paul, been interested in Astronomy since mid 1970's but sort of dropped of the scene about 10 years ago.
At that time I became more interested in flying model aircraft and put away my Celestron C8 and started buying models.
Just lately been diagnosed with Parkinsons and now find myself having a hard time with my radio control movements.
I've decided to dust off thevscope and SuperPolaris mount of the 80's vintage and try to get back into observing and some astrophotography.
Lot has changed since my earlier attempts but I've got myself a DSLR camera and roboscoped the mount to make it a goto mount and we will see how I go.
Will probably ask lots of silly questions on the forum as I get back into it so please bear with me .
I live in Sydney, Australia and while I use to drive for a few hours in the past when observing I'm now going to be limited to my moderately light polluted backyard.

Paul

Last edited by iceman; 25-12-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Old 24-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Robert9 (Robert)

Hi Paul and welcome back to the universe.
Feel free to ask silly questions. They're the easier ones to answer.
Sorry to hear you have medical problems. Astronomy will help keep you thinking of other things.
Understand your feelings regarding light polluted back yards; I think many, if not most of us, have this problem. But we learn to live with it.
Cheers,
Robert