Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk

Old 17-11-2015, 08:41 PM
hippriest90 (Laurence)

To all Perth residents! Beginner here, looking for somebody to teach me irl.

I bought my SkyWatcher 8" reflector and equatorial mount a few years back but never quite learnt how to use everything properly.

I'd really like somebody to go through how to do collimation and polar alignment properly as well as bestowing upon me any other wisdom gained over the years. Online tutorials are great and all but nothing beats learning directly from another individual. Any people from Perth out there that are interested in teaching me the ropes?

Some background info about me: I am a 25 year old uni student (only recently started studying) and I was studying Physics however recently changed to Software Engineering due to job prospects. I'd really like to learn how to use my telescope properly, observe and in the future maybe delve into some astro-photography. I have been a somewhat successful in the past with setting up and using the telescope however I always get the feeling I'm not doing things properly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Laurence
Old 17-11-2015, 09:48 PM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

Hi Laurence and welcome mate , we have a group that meets every now and then when work. , family. , weather etc. don't get in the way , its a bit of a juggle but we manage to get together quite regularly.

You are more than welcome to come along. .

Pm me and we will get the ball rolling .

Where in Perth are you. , if not far from me I will be more than happy to show you the ropes ,and I get to look through your lovely scope.

Brian.
Old 17-11-2015, 10:30 PM
hippriest90 (Laurence)

That sounds perfect! Pm sent.