Old 30-12-2020, 03:45 PM
Wilsil (Wilco)

New ZWO camera coming soon 2600MM

It's coming.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...42194685829760
Old 30-12-2020, 04:23 PM
Startrek (Martin)

If it’s half as good as my 2600MC , then being a Mono camera it’s going to be insanely incredible !!!
I haven’t even stretched the legs on my 2600MC after having it for 5 months , patiently waiting for this cloudy weather to break
Thanks for the post
Old 30-12-2020, 07:46 PM
sunslayr (David)

I sense a whole lot of used 1600MMs appearing soon
Old 02-01-2021, 06:41 PM
KimRichardson

I not long purchased my first dedicated astro cam the 1600mm pro..
Had nothing but cloudy skies up here in the top end since! Used it once and i am running out of patience to use it again..
somehow i feel the price tag will quite significant between the 1600 and the new 2600 mono...
Still happy i purchased mine
Old 02-01-2021, 09:58 PM
Wilsil (Wilco)

In the meantime I have put in an order on the QHY268M
Old 07-01-2021, 03:20 PM
Wilsil (Wilco)

It's available for pre-order: https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com...600mm-pro-mono
Old 07-01-2021, 03:33 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Not sure if this link has been posted before. Some good info about most recent QHY cameras.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:38 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Just looked at the specs on the 2600MM
ZWO must have cut and pasted the Specs from the 2600MC to the 2600MM as it states Bayer Pattern is RGGB
I assume the 2600MM has no Bayer matrix being a mono camera ?
Old 07-01-2021, 05:33 PM
Camelopardalis (Dunk)
Drifting from the pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
If it’s half as good as my 2600MC , then being a Mono camera it’s going to be insanely incredible !!!
Erm...it’s exactly as good as the 2600MC...it’s the same sensor just without the filter pre-applied
Old 07-01-2021, 08:31 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

I assume that they talked Sony in to producing them without the bayer matrix but still with the micro lenses.

Time to start saving up I think. I might move the current ASI2600 to the SCT (Where it will be only slightly more over sampled than the ASI294) and retire the 294, after buying a 2600MM and filter wheel and at least LRGB filters to get going with. The ability to shoot sky flats with the 2600 is an absolute godsend compared to flats with the 294.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:59 AM
Craig_

All over this one, but it will be an expensive outlay. Not only the camera, but also a filter wheel (just use a drawer on my OSC) and a full set of Chroma/Astrodons...
Old 08-01-2021, 04:14 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well I think I will get one and an OAG and a suitable guide camera and filters and a wheel..not sure what to get in the filters..size I mean...I will get ZWO ones and a wheel...so what guide camera and what size filters...any advice will be much appreciated. The new cameras will go on the eight inch Newtonian and the first camera can go on the 115 mm refractor..or maybe the other way about.
Alex
Old 08-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Well I think I will get one and an OAG and a suitable guide camera and filters and a wheel..not sure what to get in the filters..size I mean...I will get ZWO ones and a wheel...so what guide camera and what size filters...any advice will be much appreciated. The new cameras will go on the eight inch Newtonian and the first camera can go on the 115 mm refractor..or maybe the other way about.
Alex
Alex
My recommendation
Wack the new 2600MM camera on 8” f5 newt ( same as mine down south only I’ve got the OSC which has the same sensor ) frames most objects really good at that image scale.
Cheers
Martin
Old 08-01-2021, 08:19 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Alex
My recommendation
Wack the new 2600MM camera on 8” f5 newt ( same as mine down south only I’ve got the OSC which has the same sensor ) frames most objects really good at that image scale.
Cheers
Martin
Thanks Martin I probably will need a better focuser.it needs baffles as well, dew tube...maybe some strengthening in the tube and around the focuser...doing research on filters..trying to establish best size and if the zwo filters still have issues.
Anyways with the rain I am not that focused on astro...the way the grass is growing I can see just mowing for the foreseeable future...plus I really need to finish the new electrical system so I can run a decent computer in the observatory...
Alex
Old 08-01-2021, 09:47 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Thanks Martin I probably will need a better focuser.it needs baffles as well, dew tube...maybe some strengthening in the tube and around the focuser...doing research on filters..trying to establish best size and if the zwo filters still have issues.
Anyways with the rain I am not that focused on astro...the way the grass is growing I can see just mowing for the foreseeable future...plus I really need to finish the new electrical system so I can run a decent computer in the observatory...
Alex
My new observatory deck is completed down south ( see my post in DYI Obs ) My NexDome arrives in Melbourne on the 25th Jan then 10 to 12 days in customs then 2 days to my place
So I’m allowing 1 to 2 weeks to assemble Dome, set up mount and scope, power and data outlets , mount and scope cables , led strip lighting with switch , computer workstation and a big of landscaping around the base of the deck
Delivery dates could blow out due to COVID
I ordered the Dome early July 2020
I’m glad I have patience
Hopefully I’ll be up and running by end of February or 1st week of March
Old 09-01-2021, 08:44 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
My new observatory deck is completed down south ( see my post in DYI Obs ) My NexDome arrives in Melbourne on the 25th Jan then 10 to 12 days in customs then 2 days to my place
So I’m allowing 1 to 2 weeks to assemble Dome, set up mount and scope, power and data outlets , mount and scope cables , led strip lighting with switch , computer workstation and a big of landscaping around the base of the deck
Delivery dates could blow out due to COVID
I ordered the Dome early July 2020
I’m glad I have patience
Hopefully I’ll be up and running by end of February or 1st week of March
Yes Martin I never miss any of your updates.

I do not post as often as I once did mainly because of power shortages and although the phone and the tablet don't take much there are times where all energy goes to keeping the fridge going...but it has been highly beneficial as I spend just too much time on the net when I could be doing more productive things...the problem today was I went early to get some more rocks for my power shed but the car slid off the track nothing I could do it was as if on ice and it's so wet I .can not retrieve it...plus the walk back near killed me..has taken all day laying down to recover..lucky I had two walking sticks..the track is off camber, one I had put in recently and it was so slippery I could not have crossed over it without the two sticks even then it was like ice...anyways it just means I stay put until things dry out... when dry it should motor out no problem.
Good luck and always know that I read all your posts even if I don't comment.
Keep well.
Alex
Old 09-01-2021, 09:28 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Yes Martin I never miss any of your updates.

I do not post as often as I once did mainly because of power shortages and although the phone and the tablet don't take much there are times where all energy goes to keeping the fridge going...but it has been highly beneficial as I spend just too much time on the net when I could be doing more productive things...the problem today was I went early to get some more rocks for my power shed but the car slid off the track nothing I could do it was as if on ice and it's so wet I .can not retrieve it...plus the walk back near killed me..has taken all day laying down to recover..lucky I had two walking sticks..the track is off camber, one I had put in recently and it was so slippery I could not have crossed over it without the two sticks even then it was like ice...anyways it just means I stay put until things dry out... when dry it should motor out no problem.
Good luck and always know that I read all your posts even if I don't comment.
Keep well.
Alex
Thanks Alex
Hope you get some clear nights this week up at Tabby
Martin
Old 11-01-2021, 09:02 PM
gregbradley

This is the most anticipated camera I have seen.

There are a lot of interested people in this one.

APSc sensors are a good size for many setups and cost less all round
for filters, reducers/flatteners etc.

Yet the sensor is large enough to do a nice widefield on a fast refractor.

If you're interested in one I would be putting my preorder in fast before they have too long of a backlog. A backlog on these is almost certain.

Greg.
Old 11-01-2021, 09:22 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

I need to sell a kidney and a lung first so I won't be in the first couple of batches, that is for sure. The one thing I would like to see sorted though is the way filter wheels and so on attach to them. It would be better if they made like the 6200 with the tilt plate to be removed and the filter wheel attached direct to the camera like the 6200.

If they produced a "GT" version like the 1600GT but with 7" 36?mm filters instead of the 5 filter wheel in the 1600GT I would happily pay some hundreds more than a cam/filter wheel combo as parts, particularly if they integrated a guider port and prism.