Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 10-01-2021, 12:33 PM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

TS ONTC 8" F4.5 Newt with Litecrawler focuser

Up for sale is a Teleskop Service 8" F4.5 ONTC imaging Newtonian fitted with a Moonlite Litecrawler automated rotator / focuser.

Solid scope, very thick carbon fibre sandwich tube, heavy duty spider and mirror cell. Way better than something like a Sky Watcher.

I did reglue the secondary at one point because I thought it had too much silicone and might have been impacting star shapes. Turns out it wasn't, and my star shape issues were fixed by adjusting tilt between the corrector and my camera.

The scope has a standard Moonlite focuser base and the Ron (from Moonlite) made a custom flange for the Litecrawler to fit that as the Litecrawler doesn't normally come with that... if you had multiple scopes with that standard flange you could thus reuse the focuser on those as well.

The scope has some velcro stuck to it in a couple of spots where I used to stick USB hubs etc and some scuffs from the tune rings etc.

Speaking of tube rings, I'll also include the CNC tube rings and the Teleskop Service Losmandy-style dovetail.

The scope has three sets of mounting holes where you can mount the primary mirror, enabling you to shift the focus point to match the rest of your correction/imaging train. I think the Litecrawler might be thicker than the standard Moonlite focuser that the scope originally shipped with, so I'm honestly not sure what combinations of correctors will work, but I can guarantee it works with a Paracorr (both PLA and Type 2).

Litecrawlers aren't available for purchase through the Moonlite site, only their big brothers (Nitecrawlers) are, but you can purchase them if you contact Ron directly. These things are insanely well built. Specs for the Litecrawler are:
  • Format 2.5”
  • Profile 2.75”
  • Travel .3”
  • 12 lb. capacity
  • 374920 steps per revolution
  • .0000105” per step, or .2667 Microns per step
  • Uses 68mm Threaded Accessories
  • Has all features of NiteCrawler
  • Uses same NiteCrawler SW and drivers

All up this cost me over over $5400 and I'm asking $3000. Not prepared to freight, pick up only (Kilcoy). If you live in Brisbane or on the Sunny Coast etc I can also meet at a mutually agreeable location.

Attached are some photos of the scope as well as images captured with it... you can see more on my Astrobin gallery

I'm planning to get out of imaging and am thinking to move to visual so I'll also consider trades for a decent Dob (preferably), or a refractor (maybe).
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (scope_1.jpg)
190.5 KB322 views
Click for full-size image (scope_2.jpg)
133.9 KB240 views
Click for full-size image (scope_3.jpg)
89.2 KB227 views
Click for full-size image (scope_4.jpg)
99.9 KB236 views
Click for full-size image (scope_5.jpg)
146.7 KB269 views
Click for full-size image (NGC1532.jpg)
80.8 KB299 views
Click for full-size image (NGC300.jpg)
83.9 KB267 views
Click for full-size image (Helix.jpg)
126.5 KB263 views

Last edited by codemonkey; 29-01-2021 at 01:38 PM.
Old 17-01-2021, 07:50 AM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

I'll also consider selling the Litecrawler (which I can freight) separately from the scope if there's any interest in that.

Last edited by codemonkey; 17-01-2021 at 10:39 AM.
Old 24-01-2021, 08:34 PM
davidcampbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
I'll also consider selling the Litecrawler (which I can freight) separately from the scope if there's any interest in that.
PM sent
Old 25-01-2021, 09:41 PM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

Litecrawler has now been sold separately. Make me an offer on the OTA!

Last edited by codemonkey; 25-01-2021 at 09:59 PM.