Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 05-01-2019, 12:41 PM
JJDOBBER79 (Jas)

Complete videoastronomy setup - FINAL PRICE DROP -$1000

FINAL PRICE DROP - IF IT DOESNT SELL I WILL BE BREAKING IT UP. Video astronomy setup - only used a couple of times. Got a new job with a lot of hours so don't have time anymore. Scope/mount/camera in mint condition. Seperate tripod with screen mounted for live feed is in working condition (no remote for tv but buttons on side work for source ect. (You could also mount a laptop on top for processing if you want)

Skywatcher ED80
Skywatcher Go to mount
Malincam Micro (in bag)
Malincam 25mm Extension Tube
GSO 25mm extension tube
Extra 20ft Cable for camera. (This means screen and scope can be 7 metres apart)
GSO 1.25 Focal reducer
GSO 3x Barlow
Diagonal
Red Dot Finder
Pelican style case with foam fitted.
I'll also throw in 6 zhumell filters including moon and polarizing.
Laptop not included

$1000, (Think about it. This is the cost of a few quality eyepieces, and not 1 of them can deliver this much detail in colour!)

This is absolutely amazing on nebula and galaxies, attached pic of Orion neb is a screenshot of what you actually see LIVE...IMMEDIATELY with zero processing...AND ALL IN COLOUR. (Of course the malincam has filters etc to make it better)
IMAGINE HITTING THE M42 BUTTON ON THE HAND SET AND THEN YOU SEE THAT!. Carina is also amazing, fills the whole screen.
Also, this setup is far less affected by light pollution due to the camera.
And...great for kids (or wives) with short attention spans at the eyepiece or older people who don't want to contort to view through an EP. And...you no longer need all those expensive EP's...and it is very lightweight.
I really wanted to get planets well with this setup and I'm sure you can with an extra focal reducer or something, just needs a bit more experimenting which I don't have time for. As it is at the moment, planets appear as small bright balls with no detail. (Jupiter would be amazing!) Moon is great and incredibly detailed (fills the whole screen so you can easily point out landmarks)
Price is firm, there was a lot of trial and error to get to this point, swapping out gear etc which you don't have to do, (aside from working on getting planets right.)

This is a great way to try Videoastronomy. If you like it, you can upgrade the camera down the track. If you don't, sell the camera and buy some eyepieces and you've got a goto ED80 visual setup which is great as well.

Pickup only due to the size. PM if interested.

EDIT: I am trying to post more photos but keep getting photo upload failed. I will keep trying. If you're interested I can email them to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (6.jpg)
38.5 KB236 views
Click for full-size image (photo 2.JPG)
113.4 KB147 views
Click for full-size image (photo 3.JPG)
92.2 KB114 views
Click for full-size image (photo 4.JPG)
131.8 KB107 views
Click for full-size image (photo 5.JPG)
161.0 KB87 views
Click for full-size image (photo 6.JPG)
73.9 KB95 views
Click for full-size image (photo 7.JPG)
71.7 KB96 views

Last edited by JJDOBBER79; 26-01-2019 at 03:48 PM.