Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21-01-2019, 05:27 PM
leon

Telstra being Telstra

Hi Guys.

Please don't think i am a devious person, however Telstra have done me over twice and lied and we had to pay, I am sure you get the picture.

Anyway toady I recharged my Internet Mobil Wi Fi I am on a plane were i pay a certain amount and i get a certain amount of Data.

I don't really use much, but as it turns out Telstra offered an extra 30 Gig as a bonus, I use about 40 Gig a year.

Anyway i recharged and it said the the remaining data left would not roll over, well i was OK with that as there was not much left anyway

So I go through the process tell them what i want and actually they did roll it over, so now i have 57.75 Gig which will last me a year.

They gave me this but have not taken the money out of the bank, so if i removed the money would i still have my data.

I know it sounds a bit devious but they have taken me and Alice I might add for a ride where it has cost us a lot of money

Your answers appreciated.

Leon
Old 21-01-2019, 05:53 PM
AndyG (Andy)
No. I am a meat popsicle.

Don't feel bad Leon. We all have a story like this.

My friends (a small family mechanic shop) were on Telstra since the 60's. Upon seeing their phone bills, I recommended they go VOIP. They did, but naturally (sadly?) went with Telstra.

Unsurprisingly, there was much downtime in the changeover, none of which did their business any favours. Telstra were unrepentant. Some months later, it was evident they were receiving no bills. Being the honest folk they are, they called support to get the billing process on track.

Despite any direction they argued, Telstra refused to acknowledge that they had a valid account. My friends made every attempt to pay their bills. In the end, the service (Telstra DOT, running on Fibre NBN) was so unreliable, it was not even worth $0 per month... They moved to Optus, which was another brand of funny business.

As suggested Leon, how can you feel like a bad person, when you're not really a person? You're just a number, like me
Old 21-01-2019, 06:41 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Leon ...your not alone .....!!

Col....
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1.jpg)
30.7 KB9 views
Click for full-size image (2.jpg)
175.0 KB9 views
Old 21-01-2019, 06:44 PM
GrahamL
pro lumen

Wins a Win Leon

I honestly cant say anything nice about the company .

Waited 6 months for a line connection to a new house in a new estate
Get the phone call to disscuss after much trying , operater says, what your name , I tell her and she says, not talk to you name not on list!

I politely tell her name must be on list as YOU have rung me.(numerous times)

PLease Spell Name , which i do , NO.. NAME NOT ON LIST cant talk to you , thats about were the conversation ended .

When my father Died they wouldn't stop sending bills for months , contacted the ombudsmens office and even then it took a lot of angst to sort a simple issue out .

No customer service is and always has been the problem with this company and little accountability.

Last edited by GrahamL; 21-01-2019 at 09:43 PM.
Old 21-01-2019, 06:50 PM
rrussell1962

I put a garden fork through their phone connection to the house which was approx 6 inches under the front lawn. Got a bill for repairs because the cable was not buried at the required depth. They were unmoved by the fact that they had installed the cable in the first place. Customer service at it's finest.
Old 21-01-2019, 07:21 PM
leon

Wow what a response, thanks guys.

Leon
Old 21-01-2019, 08:10 PM
GrahamL
pro lumen

yes up until they notice the error is in your favour then they will take back your data and probably charge you a late fee for non payment ,, i could just be being a little jaded and cynical here but this is telstra!
Old 21-01-2019, 08:30 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

I on Telstra Live Chat now trying to resolve our internet non-connection that was SUPPOSED to be fixed last Friday...
Old 22-01-2019, 08:40 AM
leon

Thanks Guys but I think it just wouldn't be the right thing to do I will leave it as it is I'm sure they will see the error they made.

Leon
Old 22-01-2019, 09:28 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Telstra finally got our connection working again...only 3 days overdue post-"resolution" date.

We'll see if it holds...
Old 22-01-2019, 09:43 AM
Bart
Don't have a cow, Man!

Just because they cannot get it together Leon, doesn't mean you have to lower yourself and take advantage of the situation. At the very least, we should be bigger than that.
Old 22-01-2019, 10:51 AM
leon

Your right Bart and as i had stated earlier, we or at least me should not lower myself to the way they wring money out of us for little service.

We have had so much lying and deceitful tactics forced on us over the last year, and especially if one is of the older generation and not to savvy with technology these days, they see you coming and take you for what they can.

I hate Telstra, but unfortunately we have to be with them as they have the best coverage whilst we travel

One literally has to book a place in line to just come into their shop.

Leon
Old 23-01-2019, 07:54 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

In other rave reviews for Twlstra, we of course lost connectivity again...basically, it was bacck for 3 hours before it again went boobs up.

Now elevated to a Level 2 issue...soon I am going to ombudsman their butts again...this is the 2nd time this same sheet has happened - all because some nimrod ports us wrong.
Old 27-01-2019, 11:31 AM
Pepper (Steve)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrussell1962 View Post
I put a garden fork through their phone connection to the house which was approx 6 inches under the front lawn. Got a bill for repairs because the cable was not buried at the required depth. They were unmoved by the fact that they had installed the cable in the first place. Customer service at it's finest.
If you ever do that again, twitch the wires back together colour for colour, there should only be 2 or 3 pairs, make sure you have dial tone and then bury the sucker again.

What did they charge to fix it?