Old 18-08-2010, 11:44 AM
bokglob (Darrell)
ph0t0n3la5t3r

Broken camera!

Hi all. Disaster... I seem to have bent a pin in the power input on the back of my Hx916. I managed to prise it back into position and connect the cable, but it obviously didn't work. It still connects and operates,but only downloads a half black,half white image screen Any ideas as to what to do?
Old 18-08-2010, 11:50 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokglob View Post
Hi all. Disaster... I seem to have bent a pin in the power input on the back of my Hx916. I managed to prise it back into position and connect the cable, but it obviously didn't work. It still connects and operates,but only downloads a half black,half white image screen Any ideas as to what to do?
Bummer! I feel for you mate. I did the same with my QHY8 s-video cable a while ago. Had to re-soldier a cable but that was all. Camera wasn't damaged coz the plugs are all females by design and the blocks weren't loose on the circuit board. Best to send it to the manufacturer to assess and repair. I wouldn't play with it if I was you.
Old 27-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokglob View Post
Depends on how technically minded and confident you are. The Starlight Xpress cameras are simplistic in design so you could carefully remove the back cover and have a look at how the plug is connected. It may be connected by a few wires to a push in connector on a circuit board. If so you could contact Starlight about a replacement plug assembly. If it is a soldered plug it requires a bit more skill to replace. It wont hurt to remove the back to take a peek...otherwise the only option is to return it to the manufacturer for repair.