Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Nightscapes

Old 12-05-2019, 07:43 PM
TraKtorman (Peter)
Peter

Harts Road 8 May

Hi all, back out at the house the other night. These two shots were taken looking "up" the driveway (south). One taken using the 50mm Sigma (a stitch of 11 frames) the other, a single frame taken about 15mins later with the 14mm Samyang. The Samyang pic was cropped to match field of view of the 50mm. I prefer the Sigma's perspective. I like the airglow colours the Sony captures out there. Hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (50mm.jpg)
187.3 KB88 views
Click for full-size image (14mm.jpg)
168.3 KB66 views
Old 12-05-2019, 08:14 PM
Mickoid (Michael)

Lovely shots of the emu rising Peter. Despite the crop, the 14mm holds together well and displays a result nearly as good as the stiched 50mm. Seems like a nice dark site you have out there.
Old 14-05-2019, 05:08 PM
TraKtorman (Peter)
Peter

Thanks, I am glad you liked the pictures! The night sky is quite a joy to behold out there. There is no significant town or city to the south, to the east is the Pacific ocean. Only the North West horizon is spoilt by light polution from Canberra which is 60km away in a straight line over the ranges.
Old 14-05-2019, 09:56 PM
Mickoid (Michael)

The area around Krawarree must be a nice place to get away from it all. I'd love to have a dark sky to visit without being bothered by anyone. Do you shoot through a telescope from there as well?
Old 16-05-2019, 08:04 PM
TraKtorman (Peter)
Peter

Yes when I have time . . its not so much the data collection that is an issue its finding time to process . . I use pixinsight at a very basic level. I am looking forward to having my scope set up out at Krawaree but I have to (move it) and set up a solar based battery system for that (the observatory site is about 200m from the house) . . . I have the bits just need to connect them on site and house the batteries etc out of the weather . . . unfortunately, for now, house building is the priority.