Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Astronomy and Amateur Science

Old 23-02-2019, 03:28 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Galaxy line up like beads on a string.

Rather than sidetrack Gary's wonderful thread more I place here a lnk to the galaxy line up that I mentioned.

http://www.astronomy.com/news/2006/0...necklace-beads

Why do they do this...what exchange of matter or information is going on?

Alex
Old 23-02-2019, 05:07 PM
RyanJones

It's an interesting concept Alex. I don't believe anything in the universe is there by chance and if galaxies are arranged in this way then for sure the reason will be interesting and may reveal some interesting finding.
Old 23-02-2019, 05:12 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I wonder if such a link exists between us and M31 and what other beads are close on our local string....mmm string theory...where have I heard that☺?
Alex
Old 26-02-2019, 11:01 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

The "string" is presumably the jets that are thought to come from the rotation of the central black hole assumed to reside in many galaxies.

Here is a Wiki link for a little information.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrophysical_jet

I am not sure but I think both jets travel outward as opposed to a unsupported thought that I had that one jet may travel inward☺.

These jets can reach extrodinarily high speed.
If they are indeed the "string" what curious demand do they answer if they intermingle ...
If anyone knows of any research addressing if and or how etc these jets interact please come forward...if none there should be☺.
I think I read once that a lot of link of this fashion exists between us and M31 but I may have dreamed it☺...
Could an extremely long exposure in a suitable wave length show us the jet?

If this "string" exists between galaxies I really wonder why...the implication could be that the galaxies interact via this "string".

Anyone hold any views or curiosity similar to mine?
Alex
Old 26-02-2019, 11:04 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Maybe where the jets meet they create dark matter☺ ..well do they meet in fact and if so what goes on as a result?

Alex
Old 26-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Stonius (Markus)

It's weird how on the macro scale, matter tends to accumulates into threads and filaments, but on a local scale (of galaxies, star clusters and stars themselves) you get discs and ball-shaped objects. It's almost as if gravity operates in a different way on large scales...
Old 26-02-2019, 12:42 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I personally believe gravity opperates like a pressure which is only my opinion and unsupported view but for me it does a little to explain the unexpected gravity curves and the behaviour of galaxies at larger scales...but its all imagination ☺ in so far as I cant show any proof other than I think it must work the way I see in my mind☺. Surely the fact that it is my idea should be sufficient authority but no☺.

However I can not come up with any reason as to why we get this "string" effect....you can draw it on a piece of paper and only ask the questions I asked before...I will have another go at it later by following an imaginary particle being flung out of a black hole up into a jet and try and figure where it may go and why.

Alex
Old 26-02-2019, 12:47 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Maybe the pressure I imagine confines it to a path of least resistance between the galaxies ...that would hold up in my gravity is pressure type universe.

Alex
Old 26-02-2019, 03:10 PM
Stonius (Markus)

There's certainly something going on. I don't think it's so strange to think that maybe gravity acts differently at different scales as there is precedent with the weak electromagnetic force.

Markus
Old 26-02-2019, 06:57 PM
billdan (Bill)

You could be right Alex, check out these drawings (not mine) of our local group. The side view looks like its on a string.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Galaxy Council of Giants - top view.jpg)
56.0 KB16 views
Click for full-size image (Galaxy Council of Giants - side view.jpg)
48.7 KB16 views

Last edited by billdan; 26-02-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Old 26-02-2019, 07:32 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdan View Post
You could be right Alex, check out these drawings (not mine) of our local group.
Bill I know I am right☺ that isnt the problem...you know how science works they want math proof...well I cant give that as the math is so complex I have yet to invent it☺.

I like the idea that nutrinos make the fabric of space and although they individually have miniscule interaction with matter that nevertheless given their great numbers even minimal interaction at an individual level still have enough interacting to produce the pressure system I imagine...billions of trillions from billions of billions of Suns all over...heck there must be so many of them racing every which way that they can all hardley fit☺.

Think of infinite trajectories thru each and every point ..everywhere and along each an every tradjectory a trail of neutrinos racing past in both directions...this is how I imagine physical space...so with say rotation of galaxies there will be more interaction in the outter regions of nutrinos from the rest of the Universe..more from the inside of that galaxy such that the outter stars must travel faster because they get hit more...and the string between galaxies must be subject to this environment translating to following the path of least resistence which can only be a thin line between the two (due to the shielding from the neutrinos at large from the rest of the galaxy☺.

Why do I say any of this...well the best way to bring real scientists into a discussion is to present as a crank..and I am your man☺.

Now what should happen is Steven, if he has the time, will post with real science and we all will get a wonderful education upon the current scientific model☺.

Science is so hard to discuss..it's been done the conclusions usually have been reached and predictions noted...so it all over really☺.

Perhaps the first thing to do is to have a understand of space ..its not nothing its something and believe me when you think about what must be there and the paths stuff takes...well you wont think its nothing but wonder how all the particles all fit☺.

Alex
Old 26-02-2019, 07:59 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

How to visualise the number of tradjectories thru a point.

This shows how hopelessly few we can imagine but gives an idea☺.
So imagine a point ..lets say a full stop but as you know a point is infinitely small and perhaps beyong actual comptemplation...
So take our full stop as being the center of a sphere say 100 billion light years diameter ...a near approximation to the size of the observable universe but such a choice in merely coincidental☺.

So on the sphere draw a full stop and another on the exact opposite of our sphere...draw a line to connect the two..you have one trajectory...keep it straight but remember it could wander all over.

Now add another full stop say a full stop width away from the first..and another opposite so you can draw another line..now we have two trajectories...continue until the sphere is covered by full stops joining via tradjectory to one on the opposite side of the sphere...then look at how many tradjectories past thru that central full stop (point)...now also realise that we can put millions of points inside each dot and multiply the number of trajectories beyond human comprehension...of course all our tradjectories will pass thru our central full stop or point...cool☺

Now imagine that along each and every one of these geometrical infinite number of trajectories travels a nutrino from some distant part of the Universe...or if you want to argue that could not be so select an acceptable percentage that would be there. ..still enough to be beyond human comprehension...and whatever percentage you select know they travel thru our central point...its must be that the energy at that and each and every point is potentially infinite...I often thought the way an atomic bomb worked was presenting a barrier to all this stuff coming from everywhere such that it could not pass thru easily as the result would be the stuff would be ripped apart fast..so I recon if you had some very dense material compresed and heated via a conventional explosion the interaction with potentially infinite energy at each point within the system would produce a nice blast...So although the thoughts as to how the bomb works I was pleased to see by doing what I though would go bang actually did..although obeying substantially different science☺.

I even thought the hot center of the Earth could be the result of nutrinos experiencing interactions...anyways these are the things I think about while waiting for exposures to accumulate☺.

Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 26-02-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Old 26-02-2019, 09:11 PM
billdan (Bill)

Alex, I don't think Neutrinos are the answer for you.
According to Wiki, the Earth is bombarded by 65 Billion neutrinos per sec per square centimetre from the Sun and has been for the last 4.5 Billion years and our orbit isn't changing.
The neutrinos just pass straight through us without even saying hello or sorry about that..
Old 26-02-2019, 11:40 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdan View Post
Alex, I don't think Neutrinos are the answer for you.
According to Wiki, the Earth is bombarded by 65 Billion neutrinos per sec per square centimetre from the Sun and has been for the last 4.5 Billion years and our orbit isn't changing.
The neutrinos just pass straight through us without even saying hello or sorry about that..
No need to appologise Bill I am not relying on only the nutrinos from our Sun but every Sun in the Universe, presumably a large enough contribution to do the job☺
Alex