Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2019, 06:10 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Oh Telstra, dear Telstra

Nearing 3 weeks now of zero internet at home. No resolution offers. No reason given.

Tomorrow I am going to the Telstra store and demanding a new router with the built in 3G router. They owe us this much at least
Old 03-02-2019, 06:25 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Nearing 3 weeks now of zero internet at home. No resolution offers. No reason given.

Tomorrow I am going to the Telstra store and demanding a new router with the built in 3G router. They owe us this much at least
Does your wife occasionally use the internet at home for work purpose? Contact Telstra and mention loss of income to a manager. All sort of things are going to start moving the right way and people speaking perfect English and based in Australia most likely from Telstra legal services will resolve your issues within 24h after you sign a few legal documents asking you not to take things any further. Then you'll get back credit for your trouble and possibly a couple of future bills waved with a nice account manager calling you every friday to check everything is running to your satisfaction.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:37 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Yes, and she (and we ) have to use her work dongle. But hey, I am working again too

I will do that face to face tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:41 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Yes, and she (and we ) have to use her work dongle. But hey, I am working again too

I will do that face to face tomorrow.
Verbally at a Telstra shop won't do any good. You need a paper trail. Use Telstra live chat, document all your issues with date and time and copy/paste the chat transcript in a text file for your record. The phone will ring. Guaranteed.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:58 PM
leon

Sorry Lewis you don't stand a chance in a Telstra shop, you can demand what you like. they will promise the world and you get nothing.

Your lucky to get inside the store without an appointment. so I suggest you line up at least an hour before they open.

Some little ratbag will come out with his/hers Ipad and ask what do you want and then tell you to come back in a hour or they will ring you when someone is available, been there three times.

Oh, and you do get a free coffee if you cant be seen straight away.

Just walk past the person and be a bit abrupt and make it known that you want to see someone NOW, no excuses.

Good Luck.

Leon
Old 04-02-2019, 06:45 AM
RB (Andrew)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Your lucky to get inside the store without an appointment. so I suggest you line up at least an hour before they open.

Good Luck.

Leon
Just don't pick a day when they're releasing a new iPhone.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:09 AM
mynameiscd (Andy)

Good luck Lewis,
Try the communications ombudsman card it worked for me.
I was applying for a loan and a black mark from telstra appeared on Veda.
I found out it was my surname but not even me but they couldn't remove the bad credit listing for 2 years even though it wasn't me.
I even offered to pay the debt as it was affecting my loan application.
I tried everything from shops to phone calls then i got some advice about reporting them to the communications ombudsman.
I rung telstra, then got a manager on the phone and started asking their details etc so i could report the whole thing to the ombudsman.
Within 40 minutes i had the credit report lifted from Veda and ended up getting the loan.
It seems they don't like any government heat so it might work for you especially if the complaint is coming from Canberra.
Good luck again.
Andy
Old 04-02-2019, 01:05 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

I went to the local Telstra shop this morning. No problems talking with them, and they checked the issue in their records, but said they couldn't offer a solution as it is a "broader network issue". They suggested I rang the complaint department.

I did that. Spoke to the usual suspect overseas... oh dear this was fun. She told me that Telstra are working on it, and assured me I would have internet soon. I asked her what is Telstra's resolution in the meantime. Nothing but a promise. So I said I was going to escalate it, was losing productivity and revenue and I directly mentioned TIO.

She went away for 10 minutes (on THEIR coin since I demanded a call back). Told me Telstra will refund all of January. I said thank you, but this does not resolve the no connectivity issue, and could Telstra kindly supply a 3G dongle or 3G capable modem...5 minutes later, a flat No sir.

Hung up. Connected through my mobile data and lodged a TIO complaint.

Let's see how long until I get a dongle express posted to my door.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:19 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Lewis, not sure if Aussie Broadband are in your area, if so give them a ring, they at least work their butt off to get you running and you actually get to speak to someone in Australia.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:02 PM
spiezzy

boy all it would take is a smart company that won't BS every one about and get this crap working and BOOOM Telstra ,IINET ,iPRIMUS ect with be gone and the big turds that supposedly run these companies and rip us off and you gotta love there Adds on tv we connect everybody what a load of BS will say where did we go wrong .
my NBN runs on how the weather is storm or rain it drops to 10mps clear it will get up to 20 maybe and I am paying for 40mps it started off like this but in the last month or so has dropped anyway Lewis I wish all the best of luck with it and hope it works out for you
cheers Pete
Old 04-02-2019, 07:07 PM
Pepper (Steve)

If you have a business account with Telstra you need to get associated with a Telstra business centre. You will have an account manager who will get your issues resolved because their job performance indicators really are affected by how well you are served and your level of satisfaction.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:23 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exfso View Post
Lewis, not sure if Aussie Broadband are in your area, if so give them a ring, they at least work their butt off to get you running and you actually get to speak to someone in Australia.
Peter, unfortunately Telstra has the monopoly where we live, as they have sold all the non-Telstra ports (apparently). We TRIED with Westnet (who we had used for 10 years plus without a single issue), but Telstra would not free them up a port, despite them trying for 2 months.

Telstra connected us in 2017 (after nearly a month), and then immediately we were getting drop-outs. Telstra tech came out, and sighed loudly - apparently we were piggy-backed on someone else's port! Fine outside business hours, but during...oh boy! Telstra tech fixed it, and it has been fine until January this year, when the same behaviour was occurring.

So, totally frustrated with them. No resolution to this in sight whatsoever, and NBN says they will be connecting us between April and June. Knowing the farce NBN and Telstra are, I can guarantee our trouble this time is due to the NBN infrastructure, and we could potentially be connection-free for another 3 months or more...

TIO have responded that they have submitted their bit to Telstra, so fun times ahead.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:26 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
If you have a business account with Telstra you need to get associated with a Telstra business centre. You will have an account manager who will get your issues resolved because their job performance indicators really are affected by how well you are served and your level of satisfaction.
They have said they cannot do anything because it is part of a greater network issue. I assume this is the NBN changeover and they are unwilling to action anything on the ADSL (we were told that ADSL 2 IS available, but they refused to do it because the NBN was coming "soon" - that was almost 2 years ago...)

As soon as this contract is finished - which is soon - I am just going to buy a pre-paid 3G modem and go with someone else (Optus is offering 30GB for $30 currently, with a modem price of $50)
Old 04-02-2019, 07:42 PM
Pepper (Steve)

Yeah. Before too much longer affordable large 4g will be a reality.
I’ll do that any day over using the copper which is wrapped in the tree outside my house.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:31 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Obviously the TIO is the way to go, hope they stick a rocket up Telstra. Each time I have used them and once was with Telstra, they jumped pretty well immediately. When I got them on to Telstra, it was because they had outright lied to me and got caught, the upshot was I had all my Telstra contracts cancelled and went with another subscriber who was then Adam now IInet who are now as shonky as Telstra. Don't believe the crap Telstra tells you though, seriously wont hurt to ring Aussie and get their take, as I believe Telstra are NOT allowed to monopolise lines.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:21 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

[cue Gomer Pyle voice]

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise...we had the internet fixed this morning...conveniently 1 day after lodging a complaint to TIO.

Telstra is nothing but a pack of limp anal sphincters. The sheet can no longer be restrained.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:47 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Getting anyone to actually work in Canberra is a miracle... they spend more on "colourful" buses than real, needed infrastructure and repairs.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:29 PM
leon

Because they just don't care, its all about greed.

Leon
Old 09-02-2019, 07:03 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Small update - the modem with 3G sim card backup arrived via Star Trak Express yesterday, so alround a win.

Telstra also sent the demon email last night, announcing NBN will be with us in a matter of weeks (FTTP) ...so most assuredly the 3.5 weeks of non-connectivity was a result of this fapping with the infrastructure (supposedly "seamless"...pigs a$$ seamless).

Knowing Telstra, the modem they sent as compensation won't work with NBN
Old 09-02-2019, 10:44 AM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

It won't happen over night ... but it will happen ...!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0586.gif)
13.4 KB47 views

Last edited by FlashDrive; 09-02-2019 at 02:18 PM.