Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Astronomy Books and Media

Old 01-11-2018, 11:47 AM
Merlin66 (Ken)

No electronic version Dec S&T?????

I've just received the paper copy of the Dec 2018 S&T and it reminded me that the Dec electronic issue wasn't available in Zinio.
Strange........

Last edited by Merlin66; 01-11-2018 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling!
Old 01-11-2018, 03:19 PM
Merlin66 (Ken)

Hmmmm......
Here's the reply from ZINIO:
Thank you for contacting Zinio Customer Support.

We've added the missing issue in your account as complimentary. Your subscription appears to have been purchased through the publisher directly. Although Zinio produces and delivers the digital version of the publication, Zinio does not manage subscriptions for 3rd parties. If you bought through a 3rd party or publisher you will need to contact them directly regarding your missing issues. If Zinio receives a request from the publisher to make a delivery to you - we will do so automatically.

When you contact them, please ask to verify your subscription.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:11 PM
Stardrifter_WA
Life is looking up!

Hi Ken,

I am having all sorts of bother with Zinio. They send me an email that my issue of the photo mag is available, so I click on the link, it takes me to my Zinio library, but the issue isn't there. WTF? I have had to email them a couple of times now. I won't be renewing my photo mag if Zinio is the only way I will receive it. More annoying is the fact that I cannot access my mag unless I have an Internet connection. No PDF is annoying and will not be tolerated into the future, and I have told them that if I cannot store the mag on my tablet, I will stop using Zinio. I would rather go without than be locked into a 'rental' model.

At least S&T are making each issue available through their shop, but at an increased price over subscription price, but that is okay, it is the price you have to pay to get a PDF version. If they stop selling it through their shop, I will stop reading it rather than go through Zinio. There user interface isn't that user friendly. PDF works much better.

Cheers Pete.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Merlin66 (Ken)

I'm still waiting on a reply from S&T Re the lack of an electronic version.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:22 PM
Stardrifter_WA
Life is looking up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin66 View Post
I'm still waiting on a reply from S&T Re the lack of an electronic version.
Ken,

You can buy electronic version from shopatsky.com under magazines, digital issues. I just bought the December issue. I am just waiting for the email with download link to the PDF. Once purchased, if you don't get am email, you can go to My Downloadable Products, to download instead.

Unless, you mean the Australian S&T, which I have never bothered to read. I like the equipment ads in the US version.

S&T have never been good at customer service, they often don't answer emails, or take what seems like forever to do so.

Pete

Last edited by Stardrifter_WA; 04-11-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:27 AM
tempestwizz (Brian)

I’m in the process of cancelling my subscription. It was originally and Australian electronic subscription that somehow transferred itself into ZINIO and then turned itself into an automatic renewal.
Cancelling the sub has not been straightforward as I had hoped, but given the problems others are having and no Dec issue either, I’m biting the bullet.