Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 04-10-2015, 05:32 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Carlos, welcome to IIS! I hope when you get your mount MyT sorted you will post some images here!

Greg, the bug Carlos is reporting is different from the one you mentioned. I think it only is a problem with AP mounts. When you had the first problem you were using the MX right? Now, your new AP mount was behaving with the APA routine? Odd that it would only show up in the Mach 1.

Peter
Old 05-10-2015, 08:59 AM
gregbradley

Greg, the bug Carlos is reporting is different from the one you mentioned. I think it only is a problem with AP mounts. When you had the first problem you were using the MX right? Now, your new AP mount was behaving with the APA routine? Odd that it would only show up in the Mach 1.

Peter[/QUOTE]

Yes that's right Peter. I updated the new daily build last night.

They didn't include the FLI Filter wheel like they promised in the camera add on so lucky Hartmut's Ascom driver works. Now I am using full Sky X for camera and tracking but PHD2 for guiding.

My main issue with CCDSoft was always how it only allowed you to set 4 filters up for an imaging run. A lot of images are HaLRGB. Also for narrowband I can set LRGBHaO111 S11 for a run and get the LRGB stars I need for the narrowband.

Sky X is looking very good these days.

Greg.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:37 PM
frolinmod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
They didn't include the FLI Filter wheel like they promised in the camera add on so...
So you should remind them. They were probably in a hurry to get folks some quick fixes, but still, if they're forgetting something, please be kind and remind them. (Alas, I suspect they don't use a real tracking system to track these things.) Thanks.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:55 AM
gregbradley

Good point. I'll make a post.

I must say though I am becoming increasingly impressed with Sky X. Its now becoming mature is a massive piece of software with tons of features.

I tried @focus2 the other night and it worked right away. I was amazed. I am used to being thwarted and having to find out why something did not work for a few days with most software in this game!!

Greg.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:10 AM
frolinmod

Greg, as a long time TheSky6 user I think it just took you a longer time to warm up to TheSkyX. New features such as Supermodel, all-sky image link and accurate polar alignment wizard (with the kinks now worked out of them) sure help make the transition worthwhile.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:18 AM
gregbradley

Yes that's true. Its a world within itself and a very complex and complete piece of software that is constantly updated and improved.

Plus SB write the best manuals. They leave others for dead in that area.

Greg.
Old 17-10-2015, 11:45 AM
cdavmd (Carlos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRejto View Post
Carlos, welcome to IIS! I hope when you get your mount MyT sorted you will post some images here!

Peter
Thank you Peter!

I had forgotten to subscribe to this thread so I never received anyones responses. Life has gotten in the way of astrophotography lately so I have been off the radar. I hope to be a more active participant on these forums. I really like the layout of this site!

So in regards to the bug, I am not sure if it was specific only to the Mach-1. From what I gleaned from Mathew it sounds like a bug affecting Astrophysics mounts in general. They never did answer me when I asked what exactly was the cause (just for my curiosity and education) but based on some discussions with Patrick....it appears there is some addition to the values of RA and DEC so as to keep track of which side of the Meridian the scope is on. The astrophysics routine when married to TSX requires it. I am guessing but I believe there may have been a "sign" error somewhere. When I was testing the movement of a laser pointer using the APA routine indoors it was essentially sending it in the wrong direction both in Azimuth and Altitude.

It appears to be fixed now.

In regards to the MYT....its on its way back and I am awaiting the new shipment. Hoping it gets here soon.....Freeze warning tonight....winter is not far away and with its arrival my scopes go into hibernation until late spring.

Thanks again for the welcome all.
Cheers
Carlos
Old 17-10-2015, 11:51 AM
gregbradley

It definitely is fixed in the last daily build as I have used it the last few nights and my guiding graph looks very good. I am using an AP1600GTO mount.

Greg.