Old 13-10-2015, 02:40 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Hitecastro Mounthub Pro

Considering purchasing one, as I am sick and tired of 30 cables running all over the place.

I am about to fit my Sharpsky autofocus system - the mounthub pro has a focus port, as well as a hand controller port for the focuser - has anyone here used the Sharpsky with the mounthub pro successfully. It is not worth my purchase if it won't control the Sharpsky.

Thanks.
Old 13-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Paul Haese

Lewis I don't know if it will work with the focusor. I was using the MHP with just the motor for a robo focus and it worked for quite a while until something went haywire. I now just use both units I have as power supplies only. I found for automation purposes it just seemed too inconsistent but that might actually be some of software glitch. In any event they are good for supplying power to the various pieces of kit I have on each system.
Old 13-10-2015, 08:09 PM
troypiggo (Troy)
Bust Duster

Not sure about the Sharpsky, but I use my MHP with Feathertouch and Moonlite focusers no problems. I am very confident it will work, as I understand the Sharpsky is just a 12V motor same as Moonlite. Note that the Feathertouch is 5V and had to get a custom cable with resistor inline to work. David from Hitecastro is extremely helpful and responsive, so drop him an email if you have concerns. I can't recommend his service highly enough.
Old 14-10-2015, 12:39 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Thanks All - shot David an inquiry.
Old 15-10-2015, 07:15 PM
jamiep (Jamie)

Lewis,

yes - it will run the Sharpsky motor direct from the MHP (or it does with the Sharpsky i have and the MHP i have at least).

You'll not be able to access the temperature probe or use the temp compensation properly is the drawback.

Otherwise works well.
Old 15-10-2015, 10:00 PM
RobF (Rob)
Mostly harmless...

Very happy with mine perched on the FSQ. One USB and one 12V out is heaven. I just leave it attached and carry the whole rig about, ready to attach to mount and laptop whenever the sky clears.

Only just realised there is a GPS in there too recently
Old 15-10-2015, 11:08 PM
jamiep (Jamie)

also pretty handy being able to power all your devices, (mount, cam, rotator etc) and power them off individually without fiddling around with wires if you have an issue.

Done right, it's just two wires on and off the OTA.