Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25-07-2014, 07:06 PM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Big Brother just got BIGGER

Our illustrious leaders have engineered it so that you have to have a MY GOV account before you can do your ETAX return this year.

Remember the "Australia Card" that didn't happen. Replaced by the "Data Matching Act" which has now extended to this more coordinated attack on your right to privacy. Everything in one place, for the rabble to perve on.

Its another grab for data, forcing YOU into yet another linked database that they can use to screw you a bit more.... What next Microchips at birth? Sure Hockey and co would just love that.
Old 25-07-2014, 07:10 PM
tlgerdes (Trevor)
Love the moonless nights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_draco View Post
Our illustrious leaders have engineered it so that you have to have a MY GOV account before you can do your ETAX return this year.

Remember the "Australia Card" that didn't happen. Replaced by the "Data Matching Act" which has now extended to this more coordinated attack on your right to privacy. Everything in one place, for the rabble to perve on.

Its another grab for data, forcing YOU into yet another linked database that they can use to screw you a bit more.... What next Microchips at birth? Sure Hockey and co would just love that.
I am sure that it was a requirement before Hockey got involved.
Old 25-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Bassnut (Fred)
Narrowfield rules!

Mmm, pretty sure linking databases just catches cheaters. Nothing to worry about unless you have something to hide
Old 25-07-2014, 07:31 PM
doppler (Rick)

Its definitely a "liberal" thing. My grandmother warned me about the labour party, but the liberals/nationals are more about controlling the masses, Howard disarmed us for our own good and the QLD lib/nats change the laws to suit their needs (its for our own good though) Just wait, you will need your "papers" if you are stopped by the control(police/govt officials).
Old 25-07-2014, 07:37 PM
doppler (Rick)

My tax is really fast for a refund, me and my 2 kids got our refunds in a week.
Old 25-07-2014, 07:47 PM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassnut View Post
Mmm, pretty sure linking databases just catches cheaters. Nothing to worry about unless you have something to hide
Oh no, they want everything, including your medical records. Got something to hide? What if there is a leak? I can hear it now, "Oh, so sorry, it was only 3 million records...wont happen again". You can bet your left nut that someone will pay for your medical records to see if there is a risk in employing/insuring you and before you know it, the data will be a revenue stream
Old 25-07-2014, 08:32 PM
tlgerdes (Trevor)
Love the moonless nights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_draco View Post
Oh no, they want everything, including your medical records. Got something to hide? What if there is a leak? I can hear it now, "Oh, so sorry, it was only 3 million records...wont happen again". You can bet your left nut that someone will pay for your medical records to see if there is a risk in employing/insuring you and before you know it, the data will be a revenue stream
Quick, put your aluminium foil hat on before they scan your brain.
Old 25-07-2014, 08:34 PM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgerdes View Post
Quick, put your aluminium foil hat on before they scan your brain.
Beat you to it, and its Silver, not aluminum, and I also hung some garlic on the door and window frames... Blood sucking parasites everywhere

Old 26-07-2014, 12:31 AM
Steffen
Ebotec Alpeht Sicamb

"Help the Ministry of Information help you"

"Don't suspect a friend, report him"

"Suspicion breeds confidence"

"Trust in haste, regret at leisure"

"Consumers for Christ"

When I first saw that movie I thought we might get there one day if we don't watch out. Now I'm not sure whether we're already there or not. And that uncertainty is waning by the hour...

Cheers
Steffen.
Old 26-07-2014, 12:44 AM
noeyedeer (Matt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppler View Post
Its definitely a "liberal" thing. My grandmother warned me about the labour party, but the liberals/nationals are more about controlling the masses, Howard disarmed us for our own good and the QLD lib/nats change the laws to suit their needs (its for our own good though) Just wait, you will need your "papers" if you are stopped by the control(police/govt officials).
having long hair and a goatee and a metal shirt, I get asked that regularly by the officials when I'm out for warrant checks or something, and when I was younger I asked them if they were the Gestapo and I was arrested until I could prove my identity in which case they rang my sister at 3 am and things. quite funny actually but sad at the same time.

don't think it doesn't happen because it does in this so called free society we live in.

matt
Old 26-07-2014, 12:53 AM
Steffen
Ebotec Alpeht Sicamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by noeyedeer View Post
don't think it doesn't happen because it does in this so called free society we live in.
And don't think for a second it doesn't get worse, because it sure as hell will.

Like any dialectic materialist I have to recognise that everything progresses in cycles of ever greater sophistication. Unfortunately, it seems that after a good century of enlightened thinking we're in for a prolonged period of regression, only more vile than last time.

Cheers
Steffen.
Old 26-07-2014, 11:36 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Just a bump really to move our carbon tax novel downward.

Look if the government wants to know anything about anyone they look on face book
Old 26-07-2014, 11:53 AM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Just a bump really to move our carbon tax novel downward.

Look if the government wants to know anything about anyone they look on face book
I miss Carbon already.... Such a shame but its the mods prerogative.

Anyhow, Faceshnook is run by climate change deniers and anti-carbon tax numnums (Just kidding)

Seriously, if that's now even remotely possible , IMO, that application is moronic on so many levels. Tried an account because my "boss" ie State Gov said "everyone was using it" Killed it the other day. Now have a token one which I pretty much ignore. Lots of twaddle....
Old 26-07-2014, 12:06 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I use it between my daughter and me.
It is for that job most useful as she has no reception for fine and SMS
I like sending her my largest drawing.

I think these days THEY could find out anything but what protects us is simply there are so many people it must get a bit hard reviewing the gathered data
I have nothing to hide in fact if they cared to ask I would..like old people do..chat for ages upon anything they wanted to know.. From political views to how my bowels are going after the pain killers but then I suspect I am the least interesting citizen in Australia
Old 26-07-2014, 12:10 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

When I meet folk first thing ..Are you on face book..check mine etc..I always say no..I deny it...see I have a new word thanks to THE THREAD
Old 26-07-2014, 01:10 PM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
...see I have a new word thanks to THE THREAD
Not THE THREAD!
It lives... It lives....
Old 26-07-2014, 06:13 PM
BakerStreet (Allan)

The question you have to ask is who is bored enough to extract any thing from all that information?
Old 26-07-2014, 08:25 PM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerStreet View Post
The question you have to ask is who is bored enough to extract any thing from all that information?
Marketers, Insurance companies, employers etc etc
Old 26-07-2014, 08:30 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

You may be surprised
I spent some time in the Commonwealth Attorneys Dept where 20 per cent of our time went to extracting statistics
Anything other than that would be exciting
Old 27-07-2014, 05:20 AM
Renato1 (Renato)

No one says you have to do an ETAX return - lots of people wouldn't know how to turn on a computer.

Just do it manually on paper.

The same information winds up recorded as on ETAX, but you will feel better.

We live in a great time, I used to go see my accountant with reams of records for interest, dividends and the like. Now I walk in, and she has it all available from the ATO site. Saves me heaps of time.
Regards,
Renato