Old 08-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Forgey (Paula)

DWI Digital World International, anyone?

http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au

Has anyone bought anything from this store before?

Am looking at buying a camera and they seem to be very well priced.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:02 PM
lazjen (Chris)
PI cult member

Yes. Just a couple weeks a go I bought a Canon EOS 6D from them. It went fairly smoothly, although it took them a few days to process the order.

Having said that, I ordered on a Sunday and had the camera in my hands 8 days later. I think I might have been just unlucky not to get it on the Friday instead.

I did buy the extra warranty thing with Mack (I think that's the name) just for a bit of piece of mind.

They're not quite the cheapest in price that is possible, but they were easy enough to deal with.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

Just one note: they are grey importers. If you buy a Canon through them, Canon Australia will not want to know about you for bypassing their official Australian distribution channels should you need to make a warranty claim. You will need to make use of their own technicians. I don't know about others, but, I would rather trust Canon technicians with Canon hardware!

Having said that, I have been shooting digital for 10 years now, and, thankfully, have never had anything go wrong with any of my systems.

H
Old 08-05-2013, 04:56 PM
mithrandir (Andrew)

Like H says. I've no complaints about the service, but have never had to make a warranty claim.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Forgey (Paula)

Thanks guys, I knew about the grey imports so that doesn't bother me. I'm in no rush to get one.
Just my luck I would buy it and and then it would be on sale cheaper at HN or JB.
Old 15-05-2013, 11:47 AM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

I've bought a fair bit of gear from DWI over the years and never once had any problems. I think 6 business days is the longest I ever had to wait for my order to be in my hands.

I can also recommend D-D-P (https://www.d-d-photographics.com.au/) which are Australian based grey importers. Very fast delivery and good service. Also no risk of customs duties either, the order/delivery price is ALL you pay (if they have to import the item, they will pay any duties).
Old 15-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

sil,

DDP have gone down the drain (as I've mentioned a couple of times).

The new owners no longer keep stock. It took four week's to get a friend's Nikon lens in and five to get a Canon in for me.

It used to take 3 days.

H
Old 16-05-2013, 02:06 PM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

Hmm, only used DDP twice to be honest. Bought around $8k of gear and only the body was delayed (was expecting that, most places had a waiting list for it). This was about two months ago but the lens, flash, and smaller accessories all arrived a day or two after ordering. Maybe it was all existing stock? Oh well, my experience with them was good anyway.