Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Scoper (Malcolm)

Well done Bintel

Would like to give the folks at the Binocular and Telescope Shop a thank you for their prompt delivery and friendly service, I can highly recommend them to anyone seeking equipment to pursue a pastime in Astronomy.
After phoning the staff at Bintel for advice I ordered a Celestron Nextar Evolution 6 on Sunday 20th November, the scope arrived the following Tuesday morning which is damned good service seeing as I live in Wongarbon near Dubbo. The evolution 6 was well packaged and I had no problems with damage.
I already own a GSO 10 inch Dob which I love, however I wanted something smaller, more portable and with the ability to track so I can also take photos of the Moon and planets. I've never owned an SCT or Goto scope before but quickly discovered what a great little scope it is. I've had a heap of fun with it so far, the "slew and view" ability of the Evolution allows me to get in more DSO's than I would normally. Looking forward to more fun nights with this little beast, after all, Astronomy should be about having fun eh.
Well done Bintel.
Old 30-11-2016, 06:28 PM
Kunama

Sounds like great service indeed. I just bought some eyepieces on the weekend sale from Bintel and they arrived by Express Post yesterday !!!!

(had some friends living in Wongarbon a while back, Donna and Will Swain)
Old 30-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Scoper (Malcolm)

Donna and Will used to run the shop in Wongarbon, I think they still own it.
Old 30-11-2016, 10:14 PM
DarkKnight (Kev)

Another happy Bintel customer.

Took advantage of their sale with free postage and grabbed a ZWO camera.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:17 AM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

Thanks for sharing as we need to support local suppliers , I also have had nothing but great service from them as well ,

Well done Bintel ..

Brian.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:28 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

I'm about to order a new 8" F5 mirror from them and after asking a question via the site I must admit their customer service is excellent, they replied quicker than I'd expected with the information I required.

I've had some not so pleasant dealings with other companies in the past so it's nice to find someone who cares about their customers.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:02 PM
g__day (Matthew)
Tech Guru

I picked up a ZWO 1600MM-C + 7 *36mm filter wheel and L, R, G, B, SII ,Ha and OIII filters from them yesterday - which is all installed and seems to be operational now. The guys are a total pleasure to deal with!
Old 03-12-2016, 09:20 PM
PhilTas (Phil)

I second all the above positive comments.
Have just bought a diagonal and a Hubble artificial star, they were despatched promptly, and arrived this week.
I purchased a camera mount from Bintel a couple of months ago. A part was missing, a phone call to Michael and it was sorted out with no fuss.
If only other retailers offered the same level of customer service.
Phil
Old 06-12-2016, 06:44 PM
NorthernLight (Max)
Settled

Same here. Ordered some TeleVue gear online on Monday and it arrived on Thursday in New Zealand. Well packed, well documented. Highly recommended.
Max