Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2018, 07:29 PM
Imme (Jon)

Custom bahtinov masks

Hi guys,
I was chatting to my 15yo nephew about the difficulty I was having hand cutting a bahtinov mask as a test he suggested he could 3D print one for me.

He did an absolute awesome job so I thought I’d offer his services to other ISS members who may want one done.....why buy a generic mask when you can have it custom sized to your needs. This one is the fine slit one, he can also do a coarse (wider) slit if needed

These things are rigid and approx 1.5mm think....but as I said, he can do custom for you!

He’ll beat retail pricing and have them out to you in a week or so (depending on school work load).

Anyone out there want to ‘invest’ in an up and coming entrepreneur?
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (8F7636D4-775A-4A13-AFA2-2C0BA16456A3.jpg)
132.6 KB146 views
Old 02-04-2018, 05:15 PM
Ozincm (Greg)

The 3-D printed Bartinov

I wish him every success .. I was thinking of doing the same.. but do not have a 3 D printer.. it’s a great idea and if I need one I will be sure to get in touch.. I will pass this on to my brother who is looking at betting one for his 127mm Mak..
Old 02-04-2018, 05:29 PM
Ozincm (Greg)

Maybe he could also look at some other items.. like viewfinder shoes (saddle), mounts for red-dot finders, enlarged focuser knobs for SCT and MCT.. etc etc.. there are many areas which could be examined .. many can now be done with great accuracy and good finish using 3D printers. Just a few ideas to consider.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Imme (Jon)

He’s a clued up kid......I’m sure he’d give anything that is required a crack
Old 02-04-2018, 07:45 PM
AndyG (Andy)
No. I am a meat popsicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozincm View Post
Maybe he could also look at some other items.. like viewfinder shoes (saddle), mounts for red-dot finders, enlarged focuser knobs for SCT and MCT.. etc etc.. there are many areas which could be examined .. many can now be done with great accuracy and good finish using 3D printers. Just a few ideas to consider.
Absolutely valid points. Most of these objects are pre-designed, and available on thingyverse. Minor edits on premade stuff makes for easy custom jobs. My mate has whipped up a bunch of things recently - Dove tail pucks, finder brackets, etc. Next on my list is some clamshells for a newt.

As long as ABS or Nylon is used, rather than PLA, they turn out real good.
Old 20-05-2018, 10:08 PM
Darrenthompson (Darren)

Hi..how much would it cost to get a bahtnov for my celestron 9.25 cpc including postage to brisbane? Thnx