Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21-09-2010, 09:26 PM
ericc (Eric)

GSO coma corrector feedback

Hi all,
If anyone is interested,I have just quickly tried my new Bintel (GSO) coma corrector out between the clouds rolling in,and only observing star fields.
I was at the eyepiece for maybe 10mins in total,so this is a real quick and dirty.

My initial thoughts?

The sucker really works as advertised- for the wider field views with my 10" dob!

The corrector cleaned up the edges very nicely with my Pan24 (its bloody fantastic seeing pin point stars right across the field).This ep was the reason for the purchase, as the edge coma was driving me crazy.

I just dropped the corrector and the ep all the way home to the shoulder and used(no attempt was made to adjust corrector or ep at all).

I didnt get a chance to try any other eps.

Please keep in mind I would be easily impressed, as I have not used a coma corrector before, and am only just starting out in this hobby.

Anyway thats my 2 bobs worth-------
Cheers--Eric
Old 22-09-2010, 07:25 AM
Shiraz (Ray)

thanks for the info Eric - looks like it could be a worthwhile investment
Old 22-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Astrolabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericc View Post
Hi all,
If anyone is interested,I have just quickly tried my new Bintel (GSO) coma corrector out between the clouds rolling in,and only observing star fields.
I was at the eyepiece for maybe 10mins in total,so this is a real quick and dirty.

My initial thoughts?

The sucker really works as advertised- for the wider field views with my 10" dob!

The corrector cleaned up the edges very nicely with my Pan24 (its bloody fantastic seeing pin point stars right across the field).This ep was the reason for the purchase, as the edge coma was driving me crazy.

I just dropped the corrector and the ep all the way home to the shoulder and used(no attempt was made to adjust corrector or ep at all).

I didnt get a chance to try any other eps.

Please keep in mind I would be easily impressed, as I have not used a coma corrector before, and am only just starting out in this hobby.

Anyway thats my 2 bobs worth-------
Cheers--Eric

Thanks for that Eric,

Regards George (aastrolabe)

PS I just replied to you PM, before I read this post, I guess a bit to late
Old 22-09-2010, 12:54 PM
ericc (Eric)

Thanx anyway for the pm George--just got it,and good luck with the decision to purchase(or not).
As a greenhorn, I was floored how good the views can be, without those bloody comets near the edge of field!Now my pan24 is forgiven and loved once again!
Cheers-Eric