Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Exfso (Peter)

I seriously would not wait, they are experts at stuffing people around, just do it, they need to learn that it is their consumers who make their profits for them, so they need to be treated right, go for the jugular
Old 16-06-2015, 04:38 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilliGoatsGruff View Post
The Ombudsman is the consumers best friend if they don't sort things out for us this week Braydon said that's what he'll do.
The Ombudsman will give you a case# if you have an open case with Telstra. Usually Telstra won't argue and re-credit you on future bills for any disputed items. If you have willingly changed your plan then it will be harder to argue because you entered a new contract and implicitly accepted the terms.
Old 16-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Steffen
Ebotec Alpeht Sicamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
So, now we have 250GB a month for $79
That doesn't sound like a good deal. We used to get 500GB for $120, then Telstra doubled it earlier this year, we now get 1TB for $120. If we signed up for some Alexander Graham Bell era equipment or Foxtel we could save another $20 or more.

Regarding Telstra issue resolution, I never had much luck over the phone, and I've always been successful using their online chat. Plus, you get a transcript of what has been said.
Old 16-06-2015, 05:18 PM
BilliGoatsGruff (Billi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffen View Post
Regarding Telstra issue resolution, I never had much luck over the phone, and I've always been successful using their online chat. Plus, you get a transcript of what has been said.
I used their online chat and that only got me so far. Normally it's a great alternative to phone calls but this time they apparently couldn't resolve the issue. Instead they're getting the case manager to ring my partner, which probably won't help either.
Old 16-06-2015, 05:20 PM
BilliGoatsGruff (Billi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
The Ombudsman will give you a case# if you have an open case with Telstra. Usually Telstra won't argue and re-credit you on future bills for any disputed items. If you have willingly changed your plan then it will be harder to argue because you entered a new contract and implicitly accepted the terms.
What they stated over the phine isn't what we have received. They're charging us for things that were supposed to be free and have practucally doubled our internet bill.
Old 16-06-2015, 07:39 PM
MattT
Reflecting on Refracting

Gave up on Telstra when Optus started up, however many years ago that was.
Just say NO to Telstra....simples
Old 16-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Billi, Telstra love arguing their point, they will argue with you until you turn into old age, stop procrastinating and just hit them with the Ombudsman, it really peeves me the way they lie and argue non stop.