Old 14-04-2007, 11:52 PM
shane shaw

photo software

I have a Canon EOS 400D and want to know what is the best computer software for a pc to edit and touch up photos ? a lot will be astro photos and some will be just normal pictures. I currently have digital phot profesional that came with the camera.
I thing I would like to do also is take the red eye's out of photos that i forgot to take out when i took the photo ??
any help would be appreciated

shane shaw
Old 16-04-2007, 04:52 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Photoshop is the best, but also the most complicated.

Photoshop Elements is its younger cousin and can do a lot of what photoshop does without the complexity. Might be a good place to start.
Old 16-04-2007, 12:51 PM
ving (David)
~Dust bunny breeder~

yup, photoshop seems to be the popular choice. i use paint shop pro 10, but thats on normal pics not astro.
Old 16-04-2007, 05:41 PM
acropolite (Phil)

Paintshop is very easy to use, but as Mike said Photoshop is the best. There are also lots of how to books on photoshop.
Old 16-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Phil
Phil H

photoshop best program i have used it for years.
Phil
Old 17-04-2007, 09:22 AM
astro_south (Andrew)
No GOTO..I enjoy the hunt

If you want to make broad changes to pictures - then perhaps Lightroom is another option. I have had a play with it and I like it a lot - though I can't remember if it removes redeye. If you want to make detailed touch-ups then Photoshop is your best bet, but if you want something more advanced than DPP (and easier to use and set up a flowpath of processing pictures), then Lightroom might be just the ticket. From what I have read, the next version of Photoshop (CS3?) has components of LR built in.
Old 17-04-2007, 10:10 AM
nightsky
Aus Irish Bi Cen Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane shaw View Post
I have a Canon EOS 400D and want to know what is the best computer software for a pc to edit and touch up photos ? a lot will be astro photos and some will be just normal pictures. I currently have digital phot profesional that came with the camera.
I thing I would like to do also is take the red eye's out of photos that i forgot to take out when i took the photo ??
any help would be appreciated

shane shaw
G'Day,
The one Mike suggested PhotoShop Elements Ver 5 is on special at this shop http://www.softwareoutlet.com/cat/GRA-006 and considering the Australian $ is strong at the moment,it's really cheap,not sure how much the postage is though.worth checking out.
Cheers
Arthur