Old 29-11-2009, 07:23 AM
bloodhound31

Lightsheets for flats

Hi guys and gals, I thought you might be interested in these people who sell lightsheets for astrophotography. http://www.posterpoweruk.co.uk/page3.htm

Baz.
Old 29-11-2009, 07:57 AM
alfi (Alf david)

just ordered a A3 sized, so it covers all my scopes.
have never made flats, but will be doing it, if only these bloo*y clouds will disapeare.

alfi
Old 29-11-2009, 08:22 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Thanks for the link Baz
Old 29-11-2009, 08:53 AM
JohnG (John)
Looking Down From Above

You can get them in Oz here:

http://www.elec2go.com.au/category7_1.htm

Cheers
Old 29-11-2009, 09:03 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
You can get them in Oz here:

http://www.elec2go.com.au/category7_1.htm

Cheers
Almost dealt with these guys once. Had a bad experience. No service.
Old 29-11-2009, 09:28 AM
JohnG (John)
Looking Down From Above

To each their own.....

No one I know has had any problems, back up your accusations with facts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Almost dealt with these guys once. Had a bad experience. No service.
Old 29-11-2009, 10:06 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
To each their own.....

No one I know has had any problems, back up your accusations with facts...
No accusations - just facts.

1_ they are a small operation and don't have a shop as such. Only dealing on the web.
2_ I had to go and meet in front of a Mc Donalds in Lansvale to pick up the A3 sheet. Waited one hour, nobody turned up.
3_ I was asked to pay in excess of $200.00 for an A3 sheet which made me a bit nervous as I wasn't given any real contact details or address. There is only a PO box on the site and a phone which doesn't answer most of the time.
4_ Nobody cared to follow up or help me in finding a power supply for their sheets which at the time wasn't included. They just sell the sheet.
Old 29-11-2009, 10:38 AM
JohnG (John)
Looking Down From Above

Hi Baz

I hope this has not highjacked your thread, my intention was to provide a link to an Aus dealer in these sheets, nothing more, nothing less.

It appears that, as usual of late, there has always got to be some 5 minute expert who intentionally highjacks a thread with their own negative thoughts, I would have thought that a reasonable person would have taken the thread for what it is, INFORMATION.

I have no interest in this company and myself and other people I know, including a number of people here on IIS have had no dramas, their prices are clearly stated on the website.

Don't like them, simple, don't go there.
Old 29-11-2009, 10:51 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Hi Baz

I hope this has not highjacked your thread, my intention was to provide a link to an Aus dealer in these sheets, nothing more, nothing less.

It appears that, as usual of late, there has always got to be some 5 minute expert who intentionally highjacks a thread with their own negative thoughts, I would have thought that a reasonable person would have taken the thread for what it is, INFORMATION.

I have no interest in this company and myself and other people I know, including a number of people here on IIS have had no dramas, their prices are clearly stated on the website.

Don't like them, simple, don't go there.
Mate you're the one who asked for details. I just gave my honest feedback. Negative comments are what you are doing now. Stirring the pot when there is absolutely no need to... and you're right, I have absolutely no interest in that.
Old 29-11-2009, 10:52 AM
mithrandir (Andrew)

Quote:
If you hadn't beaten me to it I was going to mention there are a couple of Oz distributors for EL sheets.

Marc may be alone in his experience, but it is still how he perceived the customer service. You have the opposite experience.

A while back someone had a very negative comment on a fairly expensive product. They took their reply offline rather than start a flame war.

Andrew
Old 29-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Lester

Hi BAz, I see that you have made a light box in your DIY section, just wondering, didn't it work as you intended and that is why you went this way with the sheet, or was the light box just too bulky?

I am wondering which is the best way to go, as I have not started taking flats yet.

Thanks, and all the best.
Old 29-11-2009, 02:46 PM
bloodhound31

Beautiful people,

I posted the link as I usually do, to offer assistance and help to those who may be in need. I hope it helps someone.

Recently I have experienced a few threads like this, on other forums where I started a topic with a link or photo or video, only to have someone else come along and present something else. Imagine if you poured your time and effort into a painting or photograph, wanted to share it with friends, then someone else comes along and says, here's a better one....I'm just saying that before you click submit, read your post, check it for relevance and see if it could be construed as anything other than you intend...text has a way of being very interpretive.

As the second link in this thread was related, I admit that in this case, it doesn't really apply, but you can see what has happened here. A negative disagreement has taken place without any involvement from the OP. Perhaps it would be better to post help links separately unless invited in the thread? What do you think?

Please guys, just shake hands. Let's not take stuff so personally hey? Try to respond in grace to each other.

Luv ya's all!

Baz.
Old 29-11-2009, 02:48 PM
bloodhound31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
Hi BAz, I see that you have made a light box in your DIY section, just wondering, didn't it work as you intended and that is why you went this way with the sheet, or was the light box just too bulky?

I am wondering which is the best way to go, as I have not started taking flats yet.

Thanks, and all the best.
Hi Lester, I still use my light box, but I do prefer a good sky flat. I reckon i could re-design it a few prototypes and improve on it though. My DIY is intended as a simple project that anyone can achieve on a very limited budget for the desired effect.

It works.

Cheers,

Baz.
Old 29-11-2009, 04:17 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound31 View Post
Please guys, just shake hands. Let's not take stuff so personally hey? Try to respond in grace to each other.
Luv ya's all!Baz.
I'm good You're ok Johnny boy?