Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 15-09-2020, 10:02 AM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

In Saturn's Rings- Live Streaming Film Premier

In Saturn's Rings- Live Streaming Film Premier.
September 15th - 8pm EDT (Australia, 10am Wed 16th Sept)
September 19th - 2pm EDT

I am so excited to see this!
Biggest screen I have is 55" but I have big sound of 6 large speakers incl. subwoofer off a large pro Yamaha amp. I'll be turning all the lights off and submersing myself in my little wannabe IMAX .

This film has been years in the making, please help the film makers make some money back as current COVID-19 restrictions have hampered the IMAX run, so it'd be nice if we can help by sharing out the viewing event. You can share off our fb page and it might be helpful if you copy/paste the info I've provided into your share post (if you do a straight share, none of the info I've provided will accompany it).
That's if you want the info

Fly through space and explore the wonders of the Universe

Science meets art on the big screen

In Saturn's Rings, narrated by LeVar Burton, launches you on a stunning Grand Tour of the Universe created from over 7 million real photographs animated to full motion without CGI.

In Saturn's Rings launches you on a stunning Grand Tour of the Universe created from over 7 million real photographs animated to full motion without CGI. On this breathtaking journey from ancient galaxies to the main attraction, the Cassini Mission at Saturn, you will discover, explore and understand our universe as never before. Composed entirely of still photographs using innovative visual techniques developed by the filmmaker, In Saturn's Rings stretches the boundaries of the motion picture form. The film will feature powerful music by Ferry Corsten, William Orbit, Samuel Barber and melds non-narrative visual poetry & science documentary into a rich experience for audiences. In Saturn's Rings is a film that's both personal and universal, experimental and sincere, science and spirit , narrative and documentary. The goal is to use large screen imagery, synchronized to powerful but moving music, to create an experience for those who see it, hear it and feel it. Using hundreds of thousands of still images manipulated to create full motion, using "2.75D" photographic fly-through technology using Adobe After Effects and Photoshop. The film will be presented in beyond Hollywood quality 5.6K resolution on massive screens and concert-level surround systems to audiences in giant screen institutions, IMAX™ theaters, planetariums, museums and select 4k digital cinemas.

https://www.insaturnsrings.com/

Useful tips for the best viewing experience

Quick copy/paste from our facebook page below.

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!!!
Tickets on sale now!
-Watch the trailer, it's mind blowing.
-First screening in Australian time: 10am AEST, Wed 16th.
-Helpful ticker on the website!
-Cost only $24.35au at time of purchase today.
-Make sure to read the 10 tips for best watching experience.
-Please tag and share to all your astro clubs & buddies.
-You have 2 days to start watching it & 24 hours to finish watching.
-This was made for IMAX so grab the largest tv & biggest sound possible.
-The following devices are supported. Roku, Apple TV and Android TV. Just search for the "Eventive" app on your device and use the same login your bought your ticket with to get setup. If you don't have one of these, use the "cast" feature of your mobile device to send the stream to your TV, projector etc.

Congratulations to our fellow forum member Colin Legg, on having a number of his images in this film & is one of the producers. Any other members who share a credit at the end?

Last edited by Suzy; 15-09-2020 at 12:59 PM.