Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk

Old 10-03-2019, 02:58 PM
DRWskies (Josu)

Forum members currently on Darwin???

Hello everyone, I started a thread in the month of December with the intention of reaching amateur astronomers living in Darwin with whom I would like to hang around with and do some modest observations in fun company.

It is possible that I posted it in the wrong subforum and therefore that's why it had less views, or maybe there is no active members who currently reside in Darwin. In any case, my deadline will be over in just 11 days, and I still have not figured out how am I going to go about it.

Attempting to do it on my own is possible but it would be more risky and much less fun.

Transportation is a problem as well since I don't hold a proper driving licence at the moment: there is a public bus that could leave me at humpty doo at 6pm or something, but then there are no more buses after that. Lee point beach could be possible, but sounds a bit scary at night and on foot.

I am interested on seeing the Magallenic clouds, identify the southern cross, alpha centauri (with a good telescope maybe Proxima too!) and many other stars galaxies nebulae etc only possible from the southern hemisphere