Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 26-02-2019, 03:59 PM
ubique (Hugh)

Skywatcher heq5 pro mount

Skywatcher heq5 pro mount
SKYWATCHER HEQ5 PRO MOUNT

This mount was set up for portability and ease of use for astrophotography at my club site, it has been modified and improved or "Pimped" if you prefer. I have since gone in another direction and invested in a large dob so this is excess to requirements.

The longer than normal extension bar and the two smaller SS counter weights allow a heavy tube to be balanced using a small amount of weight, making it ideal for astrophotography. There is over $1600 worth of accessories and modifications on this mount.

· Belt Drive Modification Rowan Engineering.. $200

· Primaluce Lab Big dovetail clamp Vixen+Losmandy .. $280

· Custom made 250mm Extension bar. ( the Skywatcher bar is 184mm) $80.00

· 2x 1kg Custom made Stainless Steel weights $150.00

· EQ5 Half Pillar Extension 41cm .. $140.00

· Custom made 32cm Pillar Extension with three separate power supplies built in, 2x 12 volt, one to power the mount the other to power the dew shield. There is also a 5 volt plug to power any USB voltage equipment for instance a Skywatcher stand alone Synguider II plugs straight in. $200

· Altitude and Azmith knobs have been replaced with custom knobs for easier adjustment. $150

· Polar Scope Cap has been replaced with a custom made aluminium cap incorporating a cable holder that holds the power and hand controller cable (or guide cable) clear of the mount and eliminates stress in the cable plugs or tangling. This can be easily unscrewed if you want to use the polar scope.. $200

· Hitecastro USB EQ direct interface $80

· 2x Craftright 515 x 435 x 225mm Large Safe Cases .. $140

$1850 Plus postage

PM Me if interested
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (EQ5 Mount 1.jpg)
153.2 KB246 views
Click for full-size image (EQ5 Mount 2.jpg)
121.0 KB206 views
Click for full-size image (EQ5 Mount 3.jpg)
146.8 KB195 views
Click for full-size image (EQ5 Mount 4.jpg)
151.0 KB156 views
Click for full-size image (EQ5 Mount 5.jpg)
156.8 KB167 views
Click for full-size image (EQ5 Mount 6.jpg)
135.0 KB194 views
Click for full-size image (EQ5 Mount 7.jpg)
184.8 KB159 views
Click for full-size image (EQ5 Mount 8.jpg)
131.9 KB159 views

Last edited by ubique; 04-04-2019 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Price Reduction
Old 26-02-2019, 04:04 PM
OuterObsession (Jameson)

If you don't mind me asking where'd you get the knobs from? Did you make then yourself?
Old 01-04-2019, 11:51 AM
ubique (Hugh)

Price Reduction

SKYWATCHER HEQ5 PRO MOUNT

This mount was set up for portability and ease of use for astrophotography at my club site, it has been modified and improved or "Pimped" if you prefer. I have since gone in another direction and invested in a large dob so this is excess to requirements.

The longer than normal extension bar and the two smaller SS counter weights allow a heavy tube to be balanced using a small amount of weight, making it ideal for astrophotography. There is over $1600 worth of accessories and modifications on this mount.

· Belt Drive Modification Rowan Engineering.. $200

· Primaluce Lab Big dovetail clamp Vixen+Losmandy .. $280

· Custom made 250mm Extension bar. ( the Skywatcher bar is 184mm) $80.00

· 2x 1kg Custom made Stainless Steel weights $150.00

· EQ5 Half Pillar Extension 41cm .. $140.00

· Custom made 32cm Pillar Extension with three separate power supplies built in, 2x 12 volt, one to power the mount the other to power the dew shield. There is also a 5 volt plug to power any USB voltage equipment for instance a Skywatcher stand alone Synguider II plugs straight in. $200

· Altitude and Azmith knobs have been replaced with custom knobs for easier adjustment. $150

· Polar Scope Cap has been replaced with a custom made aluminium cap incorporating a cable holder that holds the power and hand controller cable (or guide cable) clear of the mount and eliminates stress in the cable plugs or tangling. This can be easily unscrewed if you want to use the polar scope.. $200

· Hitecastro USB EQ direct interface $80

· 2x Craftright 515 x 435 x 225mm Large Safe Cases .. $140

$1850 Plus postage

PM Me if interested