Old 06-03-2019, 12:11 AM
ChrisV (Chris)

I reckon it would be a great companion for a dslr
Old 15-03-2019, 07:02 PM
NorthernLight (Max)
Settled

I use STC dual NB filter for almost a year now and it is a remarkable improvement over UHC. It is much tighter and with a Baader modded DSLR colour correction is very simple if at all necessary. Stars are much tighter and contrast is much better than with a UHC. I have attempted to split the channels (blue&green for OIII, red for Ha) but found that the resultant mono images miss the parts that contain the other colour channels, which is logically to be expected. So I’m not sure how to do Hubble Palette Images with it. The filter is awesome against LP and moon light. Yes, exposures are longer. With Canon 450D and a ED 80 at 480mm I need about 6 minutes for well exposed subs of the Rosette Nebula. But it’s worth it.
Old 16-03-2019, 12:32 AM
ChrisV (Chris)

Max. I've started splitting the channels and trying to process as an NB HOO image. Not having much luck yet. Never done this before, only OSC. I just seen to get Ha dominating OIII, or via versa
Old 17-03-2019, 09:18 AM
NorthernLight (Max)
Settled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
Max. I've started splitting the channels and trying to process as an NB HOO image. Not having much luck yet. Never done this before, only OSC. I just seen to get Ha dominating OIII, or via versa
On Cyclops‘ website they were announcing a software tool that does the conversion automatically. But I have not seen this being released. On their website they show images in Hubble palette with a synthetic green channel.