Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space

Old 14-09-2017, 07:04 AM
Slawomir (Suavi)

Very nice photograph Mike. I always like how you balance colours in your images and data processing seems to be always gentle yet allowing to show interesting and faint structures
Old 14-09-2017, 10:33 AM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawomir View Post
Very nice photograph Mike. I always like how you balance colours in your images and data processing seems to be always gentle yet allowing to show interesting and faint structures
Cheers Suavi, glad you think so .. not perfect but I try my best with what I have ...hey, I was quite surprised it didn't stack up against the CHART32 result though ...but I think that must simply be the difference in focal length

Mike
Old 14-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Slawomir (Suavi)

I think it compares quite well with Chart32 image of the same target

Perhaps one difference being they appear to do on average about 8hrs of Lum per image and their RGB data seems to be 2hrs per channel?

Similar to Paul, because of your work I have been seriously contemplating a fast Newtonian, only a bit concerned about possible challenges associated with venturing into fast reflector territory.
Old 14-09-2017, 06:39 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawomir View Post
Similar to Paul, because of your work I have been seriously contemplating a fast Newtonian, only a bit concerned about possible challenges associated with venturing into fast reflector territory.
Oooh look out don't let the upstairs Downton Abbey imagers hear the footman say that! One must buy only the finest exotic European optics in order to maintain the strong feeling of imaging superiority and hubris

Seriously, while you really can't compare imaging times between such vastly different rigs under such vastly different skies...as I have said before, the only reason I don't take more exposure time (most of the time) is cause I am not automated and I am probably a little lazy Having said that, I do agree my lackey micro focal length NGC 1398 could do with some more exposure

Go for it, the more fast Newtonians out there the more we can take it to the old fashioned long focal length tribe (NB. that was a harmless little joke all you long focal length folk).

Mike