Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 03-04-2012, 06:20 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Review: 'Shooting Stars' eBook - How to Photograph the Moon and Stars with your DSLR

I've been a long-time fan of Phil Hart's night sky photography. His images inspire me and I've always aspired to produce the type and quality of photos that Phil does on a regular basis. He's won countless awards at the annual CWAS David Malin Awards, is well respected by his peers and is regarded to be among the top in his field for the type of photography he does.

When I learned that Phil wrote the Shooting Stars e-Book, I was keen to read it to learn some of his secrets to help me produce better images.

Shooting Stars - How to Photograph the Moon and Stars with your DSLR is a 129-page PDF e-book, available as a digital download from Phil Hart's website for only $24.95, or if you buy it through IceInSpace and use the special IceInSpace Discount Coupon SSIIS, you'll receive a $5 discount making the book only $19.95. Once purchased, the book will be available immediately as a digital download (approx 40meg PDF).

You can read the full review on IceInSpace here:

Review: Shooting Stars - How to Photograph the Moon and Stars with your DSLR

You can buy the book through IceInSpace by clicking on the image below, or read more at the IceInSpace Shop product page. Don't forget to use the coupon SSIIS on the checkout page to receive your 20% discount.

Note: Phil is away for the next 5 days or so on a skiing trek in the Rockies so he may not be available to respond to questions immediately, but the whole purchase and download process is automated and doesn't require any manual intervention unless you have a problem.

Sales of the book also help IceInSpace, as we earn a commission for every book sold through IceInSpace. Affiliate Disclaimer
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (shooting-stars-cover.jpg)
77.4 KB87 views
Click for full-size image (page_fan_layout_900.jpg)
119.2 KB136 views
Click for full-size image (image-processing.jpg)
65.3 KB122 views
Click for full-size image (aurora.jpg)
51.2 KB115 views

Last edited by iceman; 04-04-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:47 PM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Review uploaded.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Phil Hart

Thanks to Mike for his support with this. This ebook has been a *big* project but it's great to be able to give something back to IIS with it as well now (40% of each sale through the link above goes back to IIS).

If you've downloaded the book, I'd love to hear what you think and I guess this is as good a place as any!

cheers
Phil
Old 10-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Just started reading my copy. Looks very impressive, readable and covers a lot of useful territory is my first impression.

Cheers

Dennis
Old 10-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Rigel003 (Graeme)

I downloaded a copy this morning. The info is great. Concisely presented and the graphics, design and page layout are terrific, Phil. Beautifully done. It's worth the money for the photos alone. I hope it's a successful venture for you - it must have taken a lot of work to put all this together.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:06 PM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

I wish I'd had a copy *before* I went to Norway in January! It's a very useful resource at a reasonable price, especially with the IIS discount.

Cheers,
Rick.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Jezkerwin (Jeremy)

I just purchased my copy and used the IIS coupon code.
Looking forward to taking peter photos of the night sky :-)
Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 PM
naskies (Dave)

Great job with the book, Phil - beautiful photos and nice, concise captions. A friend of mine was asking me about how to get started with astrophotography, so the timing was perfect - I bought him a copy
Old 30-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Setae

Such a great book!

Phil made what seemed like a mammoth task - taking great photos of the night sky - achievable. The book is really well written and illustrated. Even the most inexperienced photographers, like myself, can capture something to be proud of sharing. Now if only the clear skies would cooperate I could get more practice in.

Thank you so much Phil for sharing your knowledge with us and at such a bargain price too.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Phil Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setae View Post
Such a great book!

Phil made what seemed like a mammoth task - taking great photos of the night sky - achievable. The book is really well written and illustrated. Even the most inexperienced photographers, like myself, can capture something to be proud of sharing. Now if only the clear skies would cooperate I could get more practice in.

Thank you so much Phil for sharing your knowledge with us and at such a bargain price too.

Thanks Setae. Really glad you're enjoying it and finding it useful.

Worth knowing that 40% of the price goes to keeping the lights on here at IIS as well (and another chunk helps pay the bills for Naomi Creek, my talented graphic designer).

Phil
Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 AM
gregbradley

I bought it last week and started studying it. It has already answered some questions I had. Nicely written and well thought out.

Greg.