Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 16-12-2008, 05:31 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

The driver program wont work was no problems before???
alex
Old 17-12-2008, 07:36 AM
niko

wow! You guys are leaps and bounds ahead of me.

Thanks for the suggestion bassnut - I guess I was trying to hobble something together with the bits and pieces I had lying around - spare OTA, agent webcam I bought a while ago - but the reality maybe that a more considered approach is gunna give me less grief in the end.

I think it's time to let Christmas madness wash over me and have a long think about it in the new year.

Merry Christmas to all and as always many thanks for everyone's input.

Astrophotography sure is a slippery slope!!!

niko
Old 17-12-2008, 07:28 PM
AlexN
Tunnel Vision

Niko, Be ready to empty your wallet, and once you've recouped, empty it again... I've been as close to stone broke since the first time I took a webcam image of jupiter in May this year... Since then, its been Spend, Broke, Recoup, Repeat process.
Old 17-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Matty P (Matt)
Star Struck

Great write up and description Mike. I love the idea of going wireless, especially in my Observatory.

EQMOD is my next project after I finish the Observatory so I will definitely look into the bluetooth option.

Thanks
Old 19-12-2008, 12:43 PM
ozstockman (Mike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Thanks Mike..I was not worried about frame download as much as just camera control.
Alex, if you want something cheap but still great for your camera control you might want to check this thread
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...ad.php?t=38931

Also I had an idea to use another Serial to Bluetooth adapter(the same model) to control my Canon DSLR through serial port and DSLR Shutter by Stark Labs Astronomy Software . In this case I would be able to control my DSLR camera via bluetooth. The idea died because I moved from DSLR to CCD. However you can try to implement it if you want.

cheers,

Mike
Old 12-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Screwdriverone (Chris)
I have detailed files....

Hey guys,

With a laptop with built in bluetooth, you could try one of these from Iogear http://www.iogear.com/product/GBS301/

Connects to the RS232 Serial port of the mount (is that right? not sure if you still need the EQMOD thingy?) and then Bluetooth's back to the PC.

Listed at $99.95 USD on the website, but global direct shop is listing it at $79.

If you dont have bluetooth built into the laptop, you can get a bluetooth "dongle" which connects to USB and enables your PC to see, pair and communicate with Bluetooth devices such as mobiles, printers and this serial to bluetooth adaptor.

Cheers

Chris