Old 02-01-2008, 09:03 PM
DJ N

Anyone autoguiding with DMK21 USB?

Hello all,

I have been trying to utilise my DMK 21AU04.AS USB for autoguiding my EQ6 Pro (via the Shoestring Astronomy GP USB). In terms of guiding software, I am using PHD Guiding (have tried both versions 1.6 and 1.7) on my Toshiba laptop (Vista). However my issue is as follows.

When I link the DMK in PHD Guiding, a message comes up “warning – cannot directly control exposure duration – running in auto exposure”, however the camera still connects. It then calibrates and begins autoguiding. I have noticed that regardless of the exposure setting chosen on PHD, the screen capture seems to refresh roughly twice a second. About a minute later, PHD freezes. Once this happens I have to reboot the laptop as a message comes up “PHD not responding” and I cannot close it.

Has anyone managed to successfully use the DMK as a guide camera?

Look forward to hearing some thoughts,

Cheers,

Daniel
Old 04-01-2008, 08:08 PM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Yes, and I had this same problem.

For the firewire version, you click "imaging source..." when you select the camera. For the USB version, select the one under it (I can't remember what it's called) - something like "Windows WDM " and then it works fine.

Now, it works fine for me! I love it.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:16 PM
DJ N

Thanks for that Mike.

Just tried hooking up the DMK to the laptop and ran PHD and it now seems good. Now just need to get out there again and try it with the whole setup.

Once again thankyou....

Cheers,

Daniel