Old 07-07-2009, 08:14 PM
outwestwa

20D on AC power

Hi all
I have just noticed that when using my canon 20D on AC power using DC400 coupler with the camera controlled by the canon capture software that the counter next to the power indicator is counting down the number of shots remaining as it does with batteries fitted this is only happening in the manual program modes and in the auto program modes its shows 999 and does not change with the number of shots taken. Now the question is what happens when the counter reaches 0.
Thanks
Laurie
Old 08-07-2009, 11:59 AM
troypiggo (Troy)
Bust Duster

If it gets below zero all your photos starting coming out negative.

Seriously, will it ever be an issue? I would have thought that you'd be hard pressed to do 999 shots in one session. If you turn the camera off and/or disconnect and reconnect it to your computer, does it reset the counter?
Old 08-07-2009, 02:02 PM
outwestwa

Hi troy
The 999 count is a generic number only that show up meaning that you have no restriction on the number of shot taken while on mains power and the camera is set in the auto program modes. If the camera is in the manual program mode it counts down mine is down to 324 at the moment , I have tried turning it off and on, removing AC power adapter and replacing it using the battery pack, tried inserting a memory card disconnecting and reconnecting it to the computer with no change to the count down sequence
Laurie