Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27-07-2019, 03:21 PM
petarm

Intel Compute stick running kstars/ekos

For sale Intel compute stick (2 gig ram 32gig SSD 4 core atom processor, with 1 USB2 and 1 USB3 port).

The compute stick was purchased brand new. I removed Windows 10 and installed Ubuntu Mate 18.04LTS and installed the latest kstars ekos from www.indilib.org

To see if your hardware is support go to to indi website. Don't blame me if you purchase and it's not. My equipment is a skywatcher HEQ5 mount canon 550 camera, moonlit autofocuser and zwo guide camera. My scope focal length is 750mm. Everything works perfectly even plate solving.

Also has astrometry (plate solving) installed for scopes upto focal length 1000mm. If your scope is longer then just add the other plate solving images.

Everything runs perfectly. It is setup in hotspot mode so you can remote desktop to it. Passord etc will be provided to the purchaser.

To attach equipment you just need a powered USB hub.

Very power efficient only uses 5Vdc 2.5A max.

If you want to try out kstars and see what all the hype is about but don't have time to set everything up here is your opportunity. You won't be disappointed. And it's free and open source.

Reason for sale is I have other devices running kstars under Ubuntu. This is just sitting around.

$200 (please not that the compute sticks are near this prices new without any software installed)
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (2019-07-27 14.46.24.jpg)
38.0 KB60 views
Click for full-size image (2019-07-27 14.46.49.jpg)
111.2 KB67 views

Last edited by petarm; 16-08-2019 at 10:03 AM. Reason: withdrawn