Old 08-05-2020, 08:14 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

F/2 or two mono cameras?

Hi all,

It is just a simple question and hope i can get the answer as it is a decision according to budget/affordability somehow or the practical logic way.

Which one do you think is faster or you like to do the things assuming you have a target and you need to do for example 4 hours at least per NB filter at average focal ratio?

1. Using very fast scope such as RASA at f/2 [or similar, hyperstar is an example] and giving 2 hours for one filter so you do 2 filters respectively.
  2. Having 2 mono cameras so you put one filter in each [one with Ha for example and the other with OIII] and image with each at 4 hours.

If it is my choice i really prefer 2 cameras, i have one already, so i can use those at any different two same scopes rather than i am stuck with one scope at specific focal ratio and focal length and aperture, but i feel like so many love a very fast scope these days, it is like they can afford 1 scope instead of 2 cameras maybe, i am not sure, but if you prefer one method or option above then please can you give me a reason or explain why so i know how to choose?
Old 13-05-2020, 08:26 PM
gb44 (Glenn)

camera vs scope

Tareq
There are some that have side by side scopes on one mount, eg Small refractors.
Mostly people buy the best camera they can afford, right.
Hence most people just spend longer on a subject.

You went for a reflector. A bigger one means less total time is required?

GlennB