Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 11-10-2020, 03:03 PM
dan_iana (Daniel and Iana)

Celestron Edge HD 8 Scope w/ Reducer + Extras

Selling an Edge HD 8 and it's various, relevant kit and additional accessories. Purchased from Bintel in 2018.

In great nick, selling as I'm moving and want to sell the edge hd 8 and eventually the SV70T and split the middle with a 4" APO. There's some dust etc which doesn't impact visual or imaging performance. I've never tried to take apart / off any components to clean or attempted to collimate in fear of messing it up.

Inspections are welcome in person (Ashfield, NSW) and I'm happy to provide some recent exposures (literally from this week) if you'd like to see some single exposures (or link you to my Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/talipova_egan/). I've also attached a single Ha exposure of Helix nebula from last night for your reference w/ no post processing outside of running a level and stretch on it.

Prices are as follows. I'll preference someone who wants the lot (and discount / throw in extras) and consider splitting parts if need be (OTA only, reducer, guide scope, barlows, case etc):

1. Celestron Edge HD 8 setup. Current RRP is $2499. Asking $1500.
+ with matching top and bottom dovetails
+ finder scope bracket (+finder scope with mark on lens and missing the observation end cap if you want it)
+ the original visual back
+ the dew shield
+ the stock 40mm plossl
+ a unused 2x barlow

I'll also throw in half of the T-adapter I was using to mount my ASI1600mm pro. I was going to replace it as the threading is a bit ruined BUT it was doing the job.

Basically everything as if you bought it new (with a worn finder scope) + some extras you'd likely want.

2. Edge HD 8 0.7x reducer with original box. RRP $750. Asking $500

If someone wants the lot, I'm happy to throw in a free padded hard case + an orion 50mm guide scope OR you can take $100 off the price. If you pick-up, you can also grab some of the random spacers / adapters that I don't need for free. Grabbing it all will save you around $1200 v new (33% off).
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Edgehd8.jpg)
129.8 KB152 views
Click for full-size image (edge hd 8 mirror.jpg)
175.2 KB103 views
Click for full-size image (case.jpg)
185.9 KB88 views
Click for full-size image (guide scope.jpg)
144.7 KB86 views
Click for full-size image (Reducer.jpg)
161.5 KB89 views
Click for full-size image (barlow.jpg)
153.4 KB85 views
Click for full-size image (guide scope2.jpg)
194.5 KB75 views
Click for full-size image (Helix ha.jpg)
270.0 KB84 views

Last edited by dan_iana; 13-10-2020 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:55 PM
dan_iana (Daniel and Iana)

3 currently in line to inspect.

Lots more photos available before you make the trek to Ashfield. Pm me your mobile number if you want more pics of the OTA.