Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Observational and Visual Astronomy
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.43 average.
Old 18-03-2015, 12:19 PM
clive milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post

CIA staging events to polarise the USA/World? No, never happen, no not the USA... impossible .
You know, I accepted the official 9-11 story without question and scoffed at those who questioned it up until 2007 when I stumbled on the doco called 'in plane sight'. After watching it I was convinced that it was an inside job. I went from being not even peripherally interested, to being consumed by it. However, after numerous rigorous debates on the subject (on a different forum) and countless hours of digging and reading, I came to realise that 'in plane sight' is a master class example of mis-direction and is more or less bogus. I'm pretty sure the principle here is that it doesn't matter what facts you come up with if you are answering the wrong questions.
I have an opinion on who was responsible, but without going into it in detail I'll just say that I don't think it is correct (in essence) to label it as an inside job. (The USA is third last on the list of countries that actually benefitted - a point often overlooked)
To a certain extent, I also think that it is actually counter productive to speculate too much (it's a slippery slope) - it isn't necessary to elaborate a conspiracy theory to establish that the commonly accepted sequence of events isn't actually supported by facts or evidence, and it most certainly isn't consistent with our understanding of material science or even the most basic laws of physics.
The onus to substantiate the impossible is then transferred to those beholden to that particular conspiracy theory known as the official narrative. But on this forum at least, the discussion is unlikely to take place any time soon.

Last edited by clive milne; 18-03-2015 at 02:03 PM.