Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 05-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Phil Hart

I've had another friend (neilcreek.com) who found the magic lantern response too slow in one of the storms for reliably catching lightning but you could get lucky depending on the nature of the strikes..

Phil
Old 24-12-2012, 12:33 PM
BlackWidow (Mardy)
Seeing Stars

Well lots of IIS members have contacted me in the last few weeks about these triggers. Many have purchased them (thank you!) and some are still waiting for me to list them again. I have had lots of trouble getting the parts in from overseas due to the Xmas mail backlog. Anyway I have stocks again for the holidays. I still have low supplies as the part shipments are arriving in dribs and drabs and I will be taking some time off also. I have just dusted and polished the Telescope and am ready for some clear still nights. I find work just seems to keep getting in the way of a good time...

Anyway thanks for all the Members support and have a Happy and Safe Xmas holiday to all.

Mardy
Old 24-12-2012, 08:20 PM
BlackWidow (Mardy)
Seeing Stars

Back in stock

At last I have more of thes triggers listed. I have had lots of support from ice in space members, but some are still waiting. Due to Cristmas I have had lots of delays in parts from overseas. Parts are arriving in small batches instead of the supply Qty I ordered. I only have a few available at this stage and will be taking some much need time off for myself. I will still be able to ship, but not to make more stock.

I plan to get the telescope out over the holidays and take some nice pics. It has been months and months since I last ad a chance to use it. It's time for me to play...

Thanks for all your support, and I would like to wish you all a very safe and Merry Christmas

Mardy
Old 24-12-2012, 11:19 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
At last I have more of thes triggers listed. I have had lots of support from ice in space members, but some are still waiting. Due to Cristmas I have had lots of delays in parts from overseas. Parts are arriving in small batches instead of the supply Qty I ordered. I only have a few available at this stage and will be taking some much need time off for myself. I will still be able to ship, but not to make more stock.

I plan to get the telescope out over the holidays and take some nice pics. It has been months and months since I last ad a chance to use it. It's time for me to play...

Thanks for all your support, and I would like to wish you all a very safe and Merry Christmas

Mardy
Merry Christmas Mardy - this one works
some christmas lighting
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (_MG_2220lightingtrigger.jpg)
182.5 KB43 views
Old 25-12-2012, 09:31 AM
BlackWidow (Mardy)
Seeing Stars

Nice Shot

Wow great shot. Has a real nice tone to it. Some of my shots have been a bit too bright so I loose colour. You must have had the apature set just right for this one. Glad you are having fun with it. I would like to keep a copy of your image if thats OK. I hope to put up a section on my Website of all the shots taken by others that use these triggers.

Anyway I should not be on the computer as the wife needs help with the Christmas lunch Woops!

Cheers
Mardy
Old 25-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Astroman (Andrew Wall)
<><><><>

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy View Post
Merry Christmas Mardy - this one works
some christmas lighting

Great Shot David, very nicely framed.
Old 25-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Larryp (Laurie)

Nice shot, David!
Old 26-12-2012, 04:59 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Wow great shot. Has a real nice tone to it. Some of my shots have been a bit too bright so I loose colour. You must have had the apature set just right for this one. Glad you are having fun with it. I would like to keep a copy of your image if thats OK. I hope to put up a section on my Website of all the shots taken by others that use these triggers.

Anyway I should not be on the computer as the wife needs help with the Christmas lunch Woops!

Cheers
Mardy
pm me your home email and i will send you the shot.

thanks
Old 26-12-2012, 05:00 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
Great Shot David, very nicely framed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryp View Post
Nice shot, David!
thanks guys
Old 28-12-2012, 11:02 PM
h0ughy (David)

just a quick question - do you think that this can be used for fireworks shooting?
Old 28-12-2012, 11:15 PM
mithrandir (Andrew)

Quote:
just a quick question - do you think that this can be used for fireworks shooting?
Can't see why not David. My trigger, albeit a different brand, trips on florescent tube starting flashes and they aren't as bright as fireworks. Fireworks flashes last longer than lightning so they should be easier to capture.
Old 29-12-2012, 03:51 AM
BlackWidow (Mardy)
Seeing Stars

Fireworks

Quote:

Sure can. The only problem that can happen is that thier is so many flashes that the camera gets overloaded with commands. Then the camera will go into error mode. I have had this happen on a Canon 300d. Other than that it will work fine in most situations.

Mardy
Old 29-12-2012, 09:35 AM
mithrandir (Andrew)

Quote:
Sure can. The only problem that can happen is that thier is so many flashes that the camera gets overloaded with commands. Then the camera will go into error mode. I have had this happen on a Canon 300d. Other than that it will work fine in most situations.
From my experience, Sony alphas ignore additional shutter presses while they are exposing. It might be different if you had it in one of the continuous drive modes, but 12fps on the a77 uses up SD cards at 90MB/sec.