Old 29-09-2020, 05:44 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Jet stream

Jet stream over Sydney( and clouds) and most of NSW
and elsewhere in Oz lately, making high mags near impossible ATM anything over 150x not worth it; is anyone faring OK? Think not...SEE BELOW INTERACTIVE.
https://www.netweather.tv/charts-and...8.61,34.24,266
Bigjoe.
Old 29-09-2020, 06:08 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Imaging last night and managed to get FWHM as low as 1.1” in 300s exposures so it was good in northern Melbourne if nowhere else.
Old 30-09-2020, 08:25 AM
andyc (Andy)

Can't quite say I agree Bigjoe. Although the past week was a bit sketchy, Monday evening (28th) was some of the most consistent excellent seeing I've had from Syd all year, good from early evening to after 11pm. Good bits of late July, Aug and Sept have been great for me (south Sydney), and incomparably better than March to June!

And the good news is that the forecast for Friday and Saturday is really good seeing and clouds-wise (surprising to get them both!), hope they are good for you
Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (j2020-09-28-1033_7-ac-RGB.jpg)
27.4 KB27 views
Old 30-09-2020, 10:57 AM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc View Post
Can't quite say I agree Bigjoe. Although the past week was a bit sketchy, Monday evening (28th) was some of the most consistent excellent seeing I've had from Syd all year, good from early evening to after 11pm. Good bits of late July, Aug and Sept have been great for me (south Sydney), and incomparably better than March to June!

And the good news is that the forecast for Friday and Saturday is really good seeing and clouds-wise (surprising to get them both!), hope they are good for you
Andy
Andy see my recent other post" Mars after Midnight" there was 1 or 2 great nights earlier where I saw GREAT DETAIL particularly on Mars in an obstructed 6inch scope at hand..
Cheers Bigjoe.

Last edited by bigjoe; 30-09-2020 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Add
Old 30-09-2020, 11:47 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Yeah we've had some bouts of good seeing but overall it's been terrible on the east coast. Saturday is clear here in Sydney west and tracking says the new camera is on board for delivery today so guess where I'll be Saturday night.