Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2020, 12:50 AM
rogerg (Roger)

St10-xme

Hi all,

Wanted: ST10-ME or XME or similar. ST-8/X/ME also suitable. Must be in working order. Must be USB.

I volunteer for the Perth Observatory and am one of the volunteers responsible for maintaining our internet connected research telescope. The telescope is used by researchers in Australia and around the world. The observatory is run by volunteers of the Perth Observatory Volunteer Group.

Recently our telescope had a failure due to a storm resulting in the camera (STT-3200ME) becoming non-operable. We are pursueing avenues of repair or replacement but have nothing immediately available. We are seeking a camera such as above to be either donated, on loan until replacement can be sourced, or for a very good price.

I am asking here on IIS because I just wonder if someone has one of these old cameras sitting in a cupboard doing nothing and so could be instead put to good use for research, to be used by researchers from around the world. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Regards,
Roger.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:15 AM
cstocky (Chris)

St10

PM'd
Old 10-10-2020, 01:49 AM
Greg Bock (Greg Bock)

pm'd too