Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Equipment Discussions

Old 18-08-2015, 11:32 AM
madwayne (Wayne)

Hi Mike

Can't help you with your polar alignment question as I prefer to do drift when I setup my EQ mount.

As far as Stellarium goes have you downloaded Stellarium Scope? This little plug in is your interface between Stellarium, EQMOD and your mount. I haven't used it for ages as I use Maxim to dictate my gotos and plate solving, so hopefully it hasn't changed.

Hope that helps.

Wayne
Old 08-12-2019, 08:37 AM
DarwinAstro (Chris)

Hi Everyone, my first post here from Sunny and hot! Darwin. I've have just this week got me kit together and have been struggling with PA, so this thread has been a huge help even tho it's been here since 2015 it's relevant to noobies like me. I have a question if I may slightly off topic. I don't have a optical finder scope to aid in sighting the stars for alignment, using an ASI 120mm, through the ASIair Raspberry Pi. Is it possible to get a live view of the guide or main camera? My searches have come up empty handed.
Cheers and thanks for having me.

Chris
Old 08-12-2019, 09:34 AM
Imme (Jon)

Download Sharpcap and use their polar alignment routine..... you’ll never look back.

Cheap subscription or if you can find a copy of release 2.9 or was free as a development release