Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Astrophotography
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15-06-2017, 09:50 PM
thegableguy (Chris)

Just wanted to chip in by saying the D750 is just a wonderful bit of kit. If you're planning to use it as an actual camera, ie during the day, you'll be rapt with the D750. Best camera we've ever owned, and we've had a bunch.
Old 30-06-2017, 12:47 PM
Nebulous (Chris)

The specs and Australian price of the Canon 6D Mark2 have now been announced and some of the blurb from Canon specifically mentions astro photography.

Whether this is mostly marketing hype remains to be seen, but the specs look interesting. A flip out screen (which is undoubtedly handy), a new full frame sensor, high ISO and a price somewhere between the old 6D and the 5Ds.

Not on my list of must buys yet, but I'll probably keep an eye on it.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:45 AM
LostInSp_ce
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulous View Post
The specs and Australian price of the Canon 6D Mark2 have now been announced and some of the blurb from Canon specifically mentions astro photography.

Whether this is mostly marketing hype remains to be seen, but the specs look interesting. A flip out screen (which is undoubtedly handy), a new full frame sensor, high ISO and a price somewhere between the old 6D and the 5Ds.
These have been improved all round making a great camera even better but one thing I think that Canon has missed the mark on is the lack of 4K video. Something I think should be standard for any new camera at this level.

In response to the OP's question a lot of good options have been provided by others. Another one that may be worth some consideration is the Canon 70D. They can be bought for under a $1,000 now and although they may not have the best signal to noise ratio on paper they still do perform reasonably well and are a fantastic all round camera for any day/night-time situation. They also feel very nice in the hands.

Happy hunting.