Old 30-01-2017, 12:49 AM
csb (Craig)

Donald Trump

"It's working out very nicely."

So it seems the President has been shown that he lacks the astuteness & nonce that is actually required in the job.

A USA court has blocked the implementation of some parts of the executive order Trump recently signed that halts certain muslim people from entering the USA.

Note: The prohibition is mainly against nationals from 7 prescribed Muslim majority countries.

The order even banned the muslim flight crews on passenger jets from entering USA. Incredibly inept!

When Trump got voted in, I thought perhaps he could actually be a beneficial or great president. But this muslim ban AND the wall that he will make Mexico pay for, have shown Trump may actually sink himself.

Trump's comment, quoted above, was such a smarmy remark. I thought this alone shows he is in the wrong job. God help us all.

(This is not intended to actually be a discussion on the policies but about the man and his chances on staying in the White House.)
Old 30-01-2017, 06:24 AM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csb View Post

When Trump got voted in, I thought perhaps he could actually be a beneficial or great president.
What medication were you taking at the time?
Old 30-01-2017, 07:04 AM
bojan
amateur

I don't think he will last more that 2 years in the office.
He is putting up fight with multinationals... Not good for him.
Split personality syndrome?
Old 30-01-2017, 07:08 AM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan View Post
I don't think he will last more that 2 years in the office.
Split personality syndrome?
I watched a doco on the rise of Hitler a couple of weeks ago.... way to many parallels for my liking. The scariest aspect of it all is the denial of reality, in both cases, and it seems to be contagious. Even the local subset denies reality when it suits them...

With a little luck, they'll be talking about the mystery tenth shooter, sooner rather than later.
Old 30-01-2017, 07:25 AM
Orionskies (Julian)

I think the man is a total narsassiest who's dispense of power will only demonstrate his inability to be able to empathize with his fellow humans.
I think he would thrive as a dictator but won't last any longer than 12 months as a president.

Unfortunately for us Hitler's Third Reich was voted into power, let's see if history repeats.

Julian
Old 30-01-2017, 08:43 AM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

The court order prevented the deportation, not immigration.
Quote:
US Judge Ann M. Donnelly held that the petitioners had a "strong likelihood of success" in establishing that their removal "violates their rights to Due Process and Equal Protection guaranteed by the United States Constitution."
This appears to be a wet feet / dry feet issue. So this means that anyone overseas is still barred and only those who are "dry feet" (in the USA) have the right to due process and cannot be deported until a hearing.

This is irrelevant to me because the DHS have stated they will implement immigration law regardless of the current situation. What I find interesting is that President Trump didn't have to sign an executive order to ban individuals from certain nations. He could have just asked the DHS to strictly enforce the rules and law already in the books to the fullest extent, which would have had the same effect.

OIC!
Old 30-01-2017, 08:50 AM
bojan
amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICURMT View Post
..... He could have just asked the DHS to strictly enforce the rules and law already in the books to the fullest extent, which would have had the same effect.

OIC!
It seems he is just "enforcing" PR exercise... after all he has to fulfil at least some of his promises... this one seems to be the easiest one to do
Old 30-01-2017, 09:06 AM
Tropo-Bob (Bob)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_draco View Post
I watched a doco on the rise of Hitler a couple of weeks ago.... way to many parallels for my liking. The scariest aspect of it all is the denial of reality, in both cases, and it seems to be contagious. Even the local subset denies reality when it suits them...

With a little luck, they'll be talking about the mystery tenth shooter, sooner rather than later.
Yoke 4 ya re this;

If someone tries to shoot Donald Trump, will his bodyguards shout: "Donald duck"?
Old 30-01-2017, 09:45 AM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropo-Bob View Post
Yoke 4 ya re this;

If someone tries to shoot Donald Trump, will his bodyguards shout: "Donald duck"?
Damn, now I gotta go change
Old 30-01-2017, 09:46 AM
clive milne

Quote:
Congratulations... you have just won the funny comment of the day award.
No more applications necessary.
Old 30-01-2017, 09:49 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

I think it is particularly flat footed to issue an order which results in people who have been granted permanent residency in the USA being denied access to the country. People with jobs, businesses, children in the US who find themselves denied travel BACK to the US.

Imagine if you needed to fly out for 24 hours and left a house full of pets, or you went on a holiday overseas or on a cruise ship and found yourself turned away at customs coming "home"

Quote:
Remind anyone of the robodebt debacle?
Old 30-01-2017, 09:57 AM
clive milne

Quote:
Well, that's the core essence of Trump's unforgivable sin, right there.

The silver lining to this (if there is one) is that the workings of the globalist's machine become more and more obvious.. The Prol's are developing an immunity to the kool-aid.
Old 30-01-2017, 10:03 AM
clive milne

Quote:

Well... there is one significant difference between the two, in as much as Wall street and Jewish financial institutions put their money behind Hitler, but against Donald Trump.

Hegelian Dialectic, 1:01

Last edited by clive milne; 30-01-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old 30-01-2017, 10:20 AM
PCH (Paul)

Quote:
Yoke 4 ya re this;

There's a good chance they will Bob, - they already have Donald and Mickey (Mike Pence) running the show !
Old 30-01-2017, 10:43 AM
csb (Craig)

Quote:
It seems he is just "enforcing" PR exercise.
He also authorised the wall and stated that Mexico will pay for it. Seems to not be PR but that Trump will try to fulfill all his campaign promises/threats. This is not a man who backs down.

A few people have referred to Hitler. Very apt, if Trump continues with his stated policies then he may cause the biggest global upset since Hitler.

He said that he will "make the USA great again" but he may actually cause many governments to turn against US policies AND against the US President himself.

Quote:
What medication were you taking at the time?
Thanks for the tease, I could have worded my thoughts better.

Last edited by csb; 30-01-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 30-01-2017, 11:06 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csb View Post
He also authorised the wall and stated that Mexico will pay for it. Seems to not be PR but that Trump will try to fulfill all his campaign promises/threats. This is not a man who backs down.
All the while and with some irony "threatening" Mexico with a plan to make them pay for his wall with a policy which will make US consumers pay for it.
Old 30-01-2017, 11:21 AM
Eratosthenes (Peter)
Trivial High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
I think it is particularly flat footed to issue an order which results in people who have been granted permanent residency in the USA being denied access to the country. People with jobs, businesses, children in the US who find themselves denied travel BACK to the US.

Imagine if you needed to fly out for 24 hours and left a house full of pets, or you went on a holiday overseas or on a cruise ship and found yourself turned away at customs coming "home"

Remind anyone of the robodebt debacle?
Trump has targeted a very specific group of countries - ie the states that Obama has bombed or in the case of Iran sanctioned.

Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen

Remember, Bush primarily opened up 2 major war fronts when he was president - Obama increased the number of wars to 7

Australia did however benefit from a Trump presidential victory when the US was withdrawn from the TPP - essentially trashing this corrupt corporate/privatisation investor protection scam that pretended to be concerned about free trade.
Old 30-01-2017, 12:17 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

I don't really see how Obama bombing targets in a particular country justifies upending the lives of people who have gained the right to live permanently in the US and who in many cases are likely to have done so from before Obama was elected, purely based on geographic location when a new president put pen to paper.

I think it does indicate a future in the US where government will be based on the capricious whim of the man at the top and "unintended consequences" be damned. "it is working very very well, just great, doing exactly as we expected"

Not going to argue with you about the TPP. Plenty of evidence building up over years that it was a good deal, but not for Australia. A really nice stitch up from our perspective.
Old 30-01-2017, 12:59 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
It seems he is just "enforcing" PR exercise... after all he has to fulfil at least some of his promises... this one seems to be the easiest one to do
There is probably half of the US population are happy that he is acting... Thats the real worry. Probably more than half I would like real figures. But my point is think of the huge number of voters who support his actions, I dont care how small the percentage the fact there are supportors who think he is right.. thats a worry no matter who is president.
Retire grab your money and go peasant store much rice and bottled water spend spare cash on security.
Alex
Old 30-01-2017, 01:32 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

What is the worst case senerio.?
Total world colapse? Always possible imagine if the net went down and MacDonalds closed all at the same time.
War with China, Russia and North Korea, and half a dozen more.
Probably a good investment would be half a ton of sleeping tablets.
I think the stage is finally set for the aliens to land on the white house lawn.
The key is figure how you personally can profit and survive.. consider going into business as a wall designer... be ready to buy up mortgage forclosures, get that sports car you always wanted cheap.
Interesting times.
How will history record the next four years and the decade after will Donald Trump be referred to as the man who changed the world... think about it.
I do have a funny feeling about aliens landing I ha e become more in tune with "anything can happen" brought on by the fact Mr Trump got himself elected and incredible feat really.
I have a feeling something unexpected is about to happen.
Alex