Old 10-10-2017, 10:11 AM
rwharri12

Guide and imaging cams setups

Hi, I'm new here, please be gentle LOL A few questions though about setting up for imaging. I'm using a CG5-GT with the C6 as my imaging scope
for the cam I'm using a Canon T3 EOS DSLR. I'm using Stellerview 50mm finder scope as a guide scope using a SSAG. I'm able to achieve focus without an extension tube by just attaching the DSLR to the C6. Now for the questions...when using SharpCap for alignment, does it matter the orientation of the SSAG? Meaning, can I just mount the SSAG to the diagonal, and bring it into focus and call it good or do I need to rotate the SSAG? I've see some youtube videos where after I'm set to image I need to orient my DSLR to the correct angle or I will get rotation, how critical is this?

Any other thoughts on the proper setup steps that need to be taken would be great. I've found that in some forums, youtube videos, and websites assume that you know whats going on and leave out subtle steps. Thanks everyone
Old 10-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Imme (Jon)

I actually used sharpcap to check alignment last nigh.....I'm running a different setup (ZWO 034mc camera and small reflector to guide). No orientation required....sharpcap will plate solve at whatever angle is my understanding....and that's how it worked for me....unless I fluked the orientation!