Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space

Old 30-08-2015, 06:14 PM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

Love the detail, Paul! Will reserve judgement on the colours for the final version
Old 31-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawomir View Post
I like your photo Paul. It shows fine details and it was fun zooming into the image and appreciating fine structures within this nebulosity. Nothing wrong with the colours emitted from my iPad and absorbed with my eyes
Thanks Slawomir, I am pleasantly surprised by the detail level obtained in this image. I have had a good run with seeing in the last couple of months and the AOX has made a real impact I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Love the detail, Paul! Will reserve judgement on the colours for the final version
Thank Rick. The bi-colour does tend to look a little monochromatic to me. I think though there will be two final versions. one with traditional LRGB with some Ha and one with NB and BB combined. Still picking off data each night. Trifid is now transiting before 8pm, so I am having to catch as much as I can each night.
Old 31-08-2015, 09:10 AM
DJT (David)

Good grief, just delved into the full res version and the depth is quite something. Excellent image. After the "H" thread on which 10" over the weekend, am firmly back in the GSO RC 12 camp when I put together the next setup.

Good job
Old 31-08-2015, 09:35 AM
topheart

Looking sharp there Paul!

Have you sorted out the issues you have been having with the adaptive optics guiding??
Cheers,
Tim
Old 31-08-2015, 10:24 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Thanks Lewis, does it appear dark on your monitor? Both my Apple and 4K screen show it to be reasonably bright. Histogram looks ok to me, about where I normally have it placed, but it is always good to see where things lie with other monitors.
The colour is bright but the colours are not lurid is what i meant. I am not a fan of the gawdy so this suits my tastes nicely.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:56 PM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
Good grief, just delved into the full res version and the depth is quite something. Excellent image. After the "H" thread on which 10" over the weekend, am firmly back in the GSO RC 12 camp when I put together the next setup.

Good job
Thanks David, it took some time to develop this scope to the point it is at now, but it was just tweaking one element at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topheart View Post
Looking sharp there Paul!

Have you sorted out the issues you have been having with the adaptive optics guiding??
Cheers,
Tim
Thanks Tim, essentially it is sorted though the first sub either after a filter change, meridian flip or refocusing still requires a manual stop start the AOX capture. The subs after that one guide fine until one of the former has to happen and then the first sub after that is affected, with subsequent subs unaffected. Bizarre stuff. Cyanogen think it is a logic problem during automation. They are working on a fix and have asked me to download the latest version of Maxim 6. That might solve the problem perhaps. There were some AOX fixes in that update.

Other than that, this has been a good investment. Marcus said I would not ever go back to traditional guiding and I am starting to believe it.