Old 14-04-2012, 01:50 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Emu Rising

This one is a stack of 200 subs or so. I wanted to have the house in the front with the emu at the back of it and enough signal to get some nice colors so I did a little montage obviously to get the foreground nice and sharp then applied the stack and registered it to the original. Worked out alright.

Now I have used LR Timelapse and Lightroom to keyframe the sequences I find that the color balance and histogram settings don't get accurately interpolated between frames. So you get this 'flashing' green/red happening between subs. Some are too red or too blue or too green. Have any of you found this also or am I missing something in the settings? I'm not sure if LR timelapse is the culprit.
Old 14-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Ross G

Nice looking shot Marc.

You've captured some nice colours.

I used to hate that water tower, but it seems to add a nice interest to the foreground in wide angle shots.

Ross.
Old 15-04-2012, 09:01 AM
TrevorW

Nice shot Marc although these widefield shots are really not my scene I did stick the Pentax K100s with a 300mm lenses on the mount and took some shots last night. What do you do about focus and how long should the subs be etc
Old 15-04-2012, 11:54 AM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Looks great Marc, nice work...looking forward to seeing that skyline again on the weekend...here's hoping anyway

Mike
Old 15-04-2012, 01:53 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross G View Post
Nice looking shot Marc.

You've captured some nice colours.

I used to hate that water tower, but it seems to add a nice interest to the foreground in wide angle shots.

Ross.
Thanks Ross. Yeah if you set up next to the shed it will be in your line of sight east.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorW View Post
Nice shot Marc although these widefield shots are really not my scene I did stick the Pentax K100s with a 300mm lenses on the mount and took some shots last night. What do you do about focus and how long should the subs be etc
300mm is the sweet spot. You should try 5min subs guided to start with see if you get any reflections. I use a UV/IR cut at the back of the lens (just before CCD) and a Fringe Killer before the lens. I focus with a small bathinov mask or in Nebulosity 2 with the fine focus routine and check the numbers. Also stick the lens in a sock. You will likely not need any heat. The camera radiates heat through the lens and will kepp it warm unles you point straight up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Looks great Marc, nice work...looking forward to seeing that skyline again on the weekend...here's hoping anyway

Mike
Thanks Mike. Will see you on the day. Forecast is not looking too hot but one never knows. Fingers crossed.