Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space

Old 23-10-2017, 06:23 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Bunn View Post
I like this version Greg, nice warm colours, not to harsh... with detail out to the extended regions of the galaxy.

Josh.
Thanks Josh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Nice result Greg, some good details can be seen in the inner areas

Mike
Thanks Mike. It wasn't my primary imaging target but the downloads looked good so I did a bit more. I am having trouble with the main target though as it looks like the data is in 2 types the 1mhz and the 8mhz digitisation. I started using 1mhz for the lower noise and apparently if you mix them they won't calibrate properly. I think a setting was set wrong for some of the data.

Greg.
Old 23-10-2017, 08:54 AM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Thanks Mike. It wasn't my primary imaging target but the downloads looked good so I did a bit more. I am having trouble with the main target though as it looks like the data is in 2 types the 1mhz and the 8mhz digitisation. I started using 1mhz for the lower noise and apparently if you mix them they won't calibrate properly. I think a setting was set wrong for some of the data.

Greg.
Yeah I would imagine frames at 8mhz wouldn't match those taken at 1Mhz...? I was just checking this yesterday while setting my new rig up. I would think you would need completely separate sets of darks, flats and flat darks for each download speed...?

Mike
Old 23-10-2017, 01:49 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Yeah I would imagine frames at 8mhz wouldn't match those taken at 1Mhz...? I was just checking this yesterday while setting my new rig up. I would think you would need completely separate sets of darks, flats and flat darks for each download speed...?

Mike
Yes it seems that way. I was using the sky X and it allows you to set which speed for each filter. I think a few must have been set at the faster but noisier setting and they don't calibrate well and when I got not too bad it wouldn't colour combine. Another thing to double check!

Greg
Old 25-10-2017, 04:49 PM
E_ri_k (Erik)

Thats really nice Greg. I remember imaging this one last year, and it was very faint. Great result.
Erik
Old 26-10-2017, 09:54 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ri_k View Post
Thats really nice Greg. I remember imaging this one last year, and it was very faint. Great result.
Erik
Thanks Erik.

I like to image this one from time to time.

Greg.
Old 26-10-2017, 10:06 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Not too shabby Greg. Only observation I’d make is it lacks “snap” and the dynamic range looks a little compressed to my eye. ( Yes, I’m being really picky )

A nice rendition just the same
Old 26-10-2017, 11:24 PM
willik (Willik)

That is one nice image well done Greg
Martin
Old 28-10-2017, 08:58 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Not too shabby Greg. Only observation I’d make is it lacks “snap” and the dynamic range looks a little compressed to my eye. ( Yes, I’m being really picky )

A nice rendition just the same
Thanks for that. Its a bit short on exposure time so I would put it down to that. But next year I'll add some more time. Perhaps even this year if its still up next new moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willik View Post
That is one nice image well done Greg
Martin
Cheers Martin.

Greg.
Old 29-10-2017, 01:23 PM
Paul Haese

Nice going Greg, I like the colour and the detail is pretty nice too. The outer dust lanes look good and showing well.

I started imaging this galaxy quite a few months back but never got it finished with the RC. I found it to be a tough customer and required a fair bit of time to get the inner detail out near the bar. I'll hit it again next year once I have the RC up and running again. Until then nice to see it imaged well.
Old 30-10-2017, 06:43 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Nice going Greg, I like the colour and the detail is pretty nice too. The outer dust lanes look good and showing well.

I started imaging this galaxy quite a few months back but never got it finished with the RC. I found it to be a tough customer and required a fair bit of time to get the inner detail out near the bar. I'll hit it again next year once I have the RC up and running again. Until then nice to see it imaged well.
Thanks Paul. It is a bit of tough one. The stars around it also seem to be kind of largish too.

Greg.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:34 AM
MLParkinson (Murray)

That is an awesome image. The galaxy looks like three galaxies in one: a red elliptical in the core surrounded by a blue spiral, and then another blue elliptical at top left. Perhaps the last galaxy is in the background?

Who needs the Hubble telescope when 'amateurs' can produce images of this quality? I guess if you are imaging with a CDK17 then you are a 'pro'.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:01 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLParkinson View Post
That is an awesome image. The galaxy looks like three galaxies in one: a red elliptical in the core surrounded by a blue spiral, and then another blue elliptical at top left. Perhaps the last galaxy is in the background?

Who needs the Hubble telescope when 'amateurs' can produce images of this quality? I guess if you are imaging with a CDK17 then you are a 'pro'.
Thanks very much for the kind words.

Greg.