Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2020, 05:59 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
This is the image I use as my desktop image - not sure WHO'S it is - pulled it off a Google search a while back (someone Davis??)

Marco also did a GORGEOUS M78 a few years back, as did Rolf Olsen. lus my very average low-data rendition from 6 years ago (f/9 FL-102S doublet and an OSC CCD: https://www.astrobin.com/full/106523/0/ - yeah, I blurred my mega-noise too ). You even commented on my image 5 years back

I'll NEVER be anywhere near decent at AP - not even half your talent Andy, but I do know M78
Lol, I had Marco’s image up on my screen as a reference to aim for whilst processing mine. Must find the link to another I really enjoyed as well. A case of great minds & all that
Cheers
Old 11-01-2020, 07:00 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post

Thanks Peter, it’s a gentle reminder that there’s no hiding behind impact, composition & technique when making LRGB images- they’re basically right or they’re not! Always room for improvement & I’m happy to learn
No worries Andy...I was simply an observation I made on another post..."impacted" seems to be the Sesame Street "word on the street" for Politicians and Journalists at the moment.

Last edited by Peter Ward; 11-01-2020 at 09:00 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 14-01-2020, 02:31 PM
marco (Marco Lorenzi)

Nice one Andy, and I am happy to have been an inspiration on the processing I also have this target back on the list with my larger OTA, let's hope weather will allow it, last weeks it was very difficult to take any image with all the smoke and dust that is effecting Australia lately
Clear skies
Marco
Old 15-01-2020, 12:13 PM
Bart
Don't have a cow, Man!

Hi Andy. Jury is still out for me on this one although it has lovely colours and is very moody. I think its a bit over smoothed?