Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19-05-2020, 04:08 PM
NewBee101 (Robert)
NewBee101

Canon EOS 1300d, connection issues.

Not sure weather this is the correct way to go about this, but here goes,
I have a problem when I connect my camera to my comp'for what ever reason the comp' shuts the camera off.
I have tried different cables, different batteries, I have a case relay that I use for it, all to no avail. I have been through camera settings can't see anything out of the ordinary, the computer reconises it, it shows up in the device manager, the camera works fine with out the cable connected, but when I plug the cable in I will get a flash on the screen then nothing.
While I am here, has anybody been having problems with the shoestring cables? I have one that was DOA, and an other that burnt out 2 power boards, I wasn't happy to say the least.
Robert
Old 20-05-2020, 09:39 AM
doppler (Rick)

Hi Robert, that does sound like a strange problem. I have the same camera and when I plugged that into my computer it installed drivers and allowed me to access the images on the camera. The 1300d has a wifi function so maybe something is happening with those settings. I think you have to download an app for that to work on a laptop, I have an app on my mobile phone. Or maybe there is an issue with your cameras usb port.The only other thing that I can think of is, that if you are using a third party camera control program it might be the problem with an incompatable driver or something.

Rick

Last edited by doppler; 21-05-2020 at 07:36 AM.
Old 24-05-2020, 07:05 PM
NewBee101 (Robert)
NewBee101

Canon EOS 1300d, connection issues.

Rick, I have tried all sorts, uninstalling programs putting them back on etc, the camera wont connect to BY EOS latest version either. I have a ccd camera I tried and it worked okay through Rising Sky.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:42 AM
ariefm71 (Arief)

Have you tried this new utility and see if the problem persists? https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p...ebcam-utility/

You camera ("Rebel T6") is supported
Old 03-06-2020, 09:38 AM
Merlin66 (Ken)

Robert,
Can't help with the camera...I use a modded 1000D with the computer, no issues.
What shoestring cable(s) gave you the problem??
I've used shoestring EQDir and focuser motor cables for over ten years, again no issues
Old 07-06-2020, 04:08 PM
NewBee101 (Robert)
NewBee101

Hi Merlin, I have been using the USB2EQ5, from Bintel. I cant work out why this problem with the cables have led to my issues. My friend Dave had a look at the problem for me and he was at a loss to why it was happening, I damaged two power boards with the one cable.
Fortunately my mount EQ6-R was still under warranty and Sky Watcher replaced the power board for me, along with an updated power board to the EQ6-R Pro now I have the USB port on the mount head and on the hand controller, no more shoe string cables. Out of four cables I had two bad ones and I still have two spare.
Now for the camera, my local technician confirmed what Dave had thought, it was or could be a corrupt or broken driver, in which case we had to start from a clean free hard drive, I am in the process of putting my programs back on the computer and checking that they work in which case they appear to be. My camera is taking dummy shots okay.
Thanks to those who commented and made suggestions.
Merlin, I see that you are getting some nice pics of the sun, I have been watching your efforts, I have also been watching Chuck from the USA he also has been posting some nice shots as well.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:26 PM
Merlin66 (Ken)

Robert,
Most unusual....Have you tried returning the cable(s) to Bintel. I'd be interested to hear what they say.

I use both the HEQ5pro mount (for solar) and the NEQ6pro mount ( for spectroscopy) with CdC and EQMod - no issues.
Ken
Old 09-06-2020, 07:40 PM
NewBee101 (Robert)
NewBee101

Ken
In reply to your question, no I have not got that far yet, I have been getting my astro programs up and running on my computer again, I have had a few issues along the way but I think it is all good now. FireCapture is giving me the run around, I cant find the file to get it to start there is a start file there but it does not load the program, so I am wondering is it worth the hassle. I have APT on so I can use that.
The famous last words, it worked yesterday!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2020, 08:55 PM
Merlin66 (Ken)

Robert,
I'd be lost without FireCapture.
I assume you download the program files from here:
http://www.firecapture.de/download.p...e_v2.6_x64.zip
When you unzip the files ( to the c:\ directory) it would work from there....
There's a basic Ytube video on installation and use...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKSHKb2pv8E

Seriously if you need any help just let me know. Well worth the effort.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:56 PM
NewBee101 (Robert)
NewBee101

Hi Ken,
Yeah watched the videos, downloaded the folder looked at the files, managed to find one that opened the program. My main issue is that the last time I had to reinstall everything I had a logo on my desk top and I could run the program from there, I cant for the life of me remember how or where I found it, I got a screen shot of the file I used to open the program, hope it turns out, never done it before.
Robert
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (FireCapture.png)
102.0 KB42 views
Old 10-06-2020, 08:47 PM
Merlin66 (Ken)

Robert,
OK those are the files.
Unzip them to a firecapture folder on C:/
Then right click on the firecapture.exe, select "create shortcut"...then move this to the Desktop.
This will give you the start "icon" for firecapture......
Old 11-06-2020, 06:33 PM
NewBee101 (Robert)
NewBee101

Hi Ken,
Unfortunately I am not very computer savy, I muddle through, I dont understand,un zip them to a FireCapture folder c:/, if they are the files then shouldn't the FireCapture 'exe' be in there?
I have had an other look at the video, and when he unzips the folder the FireCapture 'exe' is there but it is not in the files when I un zip the folder on my comp'. He goes through a totally different format. Confused to say the least.
Robert
Old 11-06-2020, 06:48 PM
Merlin66 (Ken)

Robert,
I’ll post a screen shot of the FireCapture folder, may help you identify the FireCapture.exe file.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:55 PM
Merlin66 (Ken)

The attached image shows to Firecapture folder...
I'll marked the firecapture.exe for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (firecapture folder.JPG)
148.4 KB35 views
Old 11-06-2020, 08:45 PM
NewBee101 (Robert)
NewBee101

Hi Ken,
The files in your screen shot are the same as what I have all but one, the FireCapture file that you high lighted is different to the file I have, see my screen shot it has not got the 'exe' after it. I right clicked on it anyway selected a short cut from the drop down menu moved it to my desk top and bingo it worked I was able to start the program. Now I will have go through and clean out the unwonted down loads.
The problem was that the FireCapture file did not have the 'exe' after it, that's what got me confused, and I could not find it in any other down loads either.
Thanks for your help much appreciated.
Robert
PS, I Tried it again just to make sure,lol lol
Old 11-06-2020, 08:50 PM
Merlin66 (Ken)

All's well that ends well.
If you need any other assistance just let me know.