Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #61  
Old 07-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Bobbyoutback's Avatar
Bobbyoutback
Registered User

Bobbyoutback is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Broken Hill
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniSkunk View Post
That problem is something that impacts so many, which is why they don't move ISPs.
What's needed is email address portability, the same as phone number portability. I've no idea if it might be possible to do, allowing for the domain structuring of the internet.


.
How about an app that translates your old email addresses to your new one's .

Bobby
  #62  
Old 07-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Wavytone (Nick)
BigBanger

Wavytone is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Killara, Sydney
Posts: 3,963
Was aware long ago that ISPs were using email addresses to lock you in forever. Hence when i first acquired an internet connection at home chose to use accounts at iCloud (Apple) which I figured would be around longer than me. Hence we are not tied to any ISP.

Ultimately you do have to choose an email provider so choose one that is not an ISP, has a spotless record for security (not Microsoft), has no motive to abuse your data (Google or Yahoo) and will last a long time.
  #63  
Old 07-08-2019, 09:52 PM
netwolf's Avatar
netwolf
Registered User

netwolf is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,902
Who cares about another red neck american talking about illegal immigrants from mexico being the cause of all their ecconimic problems and relating that to europe. How about the censprship in UK education system in not teaching the impact of the british empire on countries like India. How many Indians starved to death because there great hero winston churchill, the bengal famine of 1943 3million died. Or how about the American genocidr of native american indians. Its ok to censor this history from your education system and make movies about WC and others making them out to be heros. Lets talk about the real cesnorship. Or lets talk about the wrongfull war in iraq on the baseless WMD claims, that has lead to the prrsent refugee crisis. How about we stop creating problems that create refugees. Or how Americans stop buy drugs from Mexican cartels that are ruining that natiom so people dont have to leave.

Oh wait how about you change the sign on the Statue of Liberty...
Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

How does our anthem go
Beneath our radiant Southern Cross We'll toil with hearts and hands; To make this Commonwealth of ours Renowned of all the lands; For those who've come across the seas We've boundless plains to share; With courage let us all combine To Advance Australia Fair.

How about the terrible shooting in America dubbed hate crime because well of course it was not a muslim gunmen else it would be dubbed terrorisim... and this nut on youtube wants to talk about knife crime while advertisng people to stock up on Ammo....

Last edited by netwolf; 07-08-2019 at 10:03 PM.
  #64  
Old 07-08-2019, 10:27 PM
Bobbyoutback's Avatar
Bobbyoutback
Registered User

Bobbyoutback is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Broken Hill
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavytone View Post
Was aware long ago that ISPs were using email addresses to lock you in forever. Hence when i first acquired an internet connection at home chose to use accounts at iCloud (Apple) which I figured would be around longer than me. Hence we are not tied to any ISP.

Ultimately you do have to choose an email provider so choose one that is not an ISP, has a spotless record for security (not Microsoft), has no motive to abuse your data (Google or Yahoo) and will last a long time.
Thanks ' that is great advice , what would be your recommendations please ?

Bobby
  #65  
Old 07-08-2019, 11:16 PM
xelasnave's Avatar
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

xelasnave is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tabulam
Posts: 12,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwolf View Post
Who cares about another red neck american talking about illegal immigrants from mexico being the cause of all their ecconimic problems and relating that to europe. How about the censprship in UK education system in not teaching the impact of the british empire on countries like India. How many Indians starved to death because there great hero winston churchill, the bengal famine of 1943 3million died. Or how about the American genocidr of native american indians. Its ok to censor this history from your education system and make movies about WC and others making them out to be heros. Lets talk about the real cesnorship. Or lets talk about the wrongfull war in iraq on the baseless WMD claims, that has lead to the prrsent refugee crisis. How about we stop creating problems that create refugees. Or how Americans stop buy drugs from Mexican cartels that are ruining that natiom so people dont have to leave.

Oh wait how about you change the sign on the Statue of Liberty...
Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

How does our anthem go
Beneath our radiant Southern Cross We'll toil with hearts and hands; To make this Commonwealth of ours Renowned of all the lands; For those who've come across the seas We've boundless plains to share; With courage let us all combine To Advance Australia Fair.

How about the terrible shooting in America dubbed hate crime because well of course it was not a muslim gunmen else it would be dubbed terrorisim... and this nut on youtube wants to talk about knife crime while advertisng people to stock up on Ammo....
Don't stop there Fahim please don't tell me you have exhausted your examples of hypocracy.
Alex
  #66  
Old 08-08-2019, 12:34 AM
xelasnave's Avatar
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

xelasnave is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tabulam
Posts: 12,868
It has come to my attention that I was having a shot at Fahim..I wasn't I feel much the same way about how we fail to think we could be wrong and also that the horrors of colonialism are glossed over generally.
Alex
  #67  
Old 08-08-2019, 01:16 AM
netwolf's Avatar
netwolf
Registered User

netwolf is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,902
I got that Alex. my point was that we focus on the symptoms of today and there assumed effect on us. But we must see it in the context of history and the larger picture. People on the right are imho narrow in there view as it serves there purpose.

Stats and figures are meaningless without context. Why are they people displaced in the first place , but nobody wants to look into that mirror... its easy to call them ecconomic refugees , but when there homes and towns are burning well baics human instinct is to flee to safety.

There is a scene in the movie the day after tomrrow where americans are shown fleeing south to mexico to avoid the cold , that is human instinct its not ecconomic.
https://youtu.be/yyD_67t7mI0
  #68  
Old 08-08-2019, 01:29 AM
xelasnave's Avatar
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

xelasnave is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tabulam
Posts: 12,868
Absolutely so many folk fall for the "party line".
One could ask he question why are we getting involved in places like the Middle East. And there is an obvious answer if one looked at the whole picture.
As I raised earlier this fixation on terrorists is a part of a device to support political agendas irrelevant to us but we are fed the line that terrorism is a threat so great we must indulge the fear without looking at the numbers...and any opportunity to beat it up is seized upon..like Martin place..that was a crazy man not a lone wolf terrorist cell..but guess what Mr and Mrs Average even Mr and Mrs Above Average falls for the line.

It all comes down to education and with education one can put things in context...which is all you rightly call for.

The R right has so much to answer for ... Their elite arrogance is know to everyone but them.
Alex
  #69  
Old 08-08-2019, 12:23 PM
astroron's Avatar
astroron (Ron)
Supernova Searcher

astroron is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cambroon Queensland Australia
Posts: 8,828
I wonder if theis thread is trying for the longest thread record
It seems never ending.
Cheers
  #70  
Old 08-08-2019, 12:29 PM
xelasnave's Avatar
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

xelasnave is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tabulam
Posts: 12,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroron View Post
I wonder if theis thread is trying for the longest thread record
It seems never ending.
Cheers
Hi Ron may I let you in on something..it is a general grizzle thread and as such has the potential to be as you say never-ending.

It reflects and underlying concern that overseas folk are taking jobs that Australians won't do and despite all the wonders of our modern times it should all occur without change. Understandable I certainly want things to be better and different but none of this change stuff.
I hope you are doing well I often wonder how you are going.
Alex
  #71  
Old 08-08-2019, 12:30 PM
JeniSkunk's Avatar
JeniSkunk (Jenifur)
Registered User

JeniSkunk is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 257
Well it is a problem, Ron, even if IIS isn't really the best forum to discuss the issue of ISPs applying and enforcing domain censoring, when there's no standing legal orders for them to do so.
Because that's what's at the heart of the matter that the OP complained about.
  #72  
Old 08-08-2019, 01:24 PM
LewisM's Avatar
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

LewisM is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in the cosmos...
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwolf View Post
Who cares about another red neck american talking about illegal immigrants from mexico being the cause of all their ecconimic problems and relating that to europe. How about the censprship in UK education system in not teaching the impact of the british empire on countries like India. How many Indians starved to death because there great hero winston churchill, the bengal famine of 1943 3million died. Or how about the American genocidr of native american indians. Its ok to censor this history from your education system and make movies about WC and others making them out to be heros. Lets talk about the real cesnorship. Or lets talk about the wrongfull war in iraq on the baseless WMD claims, that has lead to the prrsent refugee crisis. How about we stop creating problems that create refugees. Or how Americans stop buy drugs from Mexican cartels that are ruining that natiom so people dont have to leave.

Oh wait how about you change the sign on the Statue of Liberty...
Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

How does our anthem go
Beneath our radiant Southern Cross We'll toil with hearts and hands; To make this Commonwealth of ours Renowned of all the lands; For those who've come across the seas We've boundless plains to share; With courage let us all combine To Advance Australia Fair.

How about the terrible shooting in America dubbed hate crime because well of course it was not a muslim gunmen else it would be dubbed terrorisim... and this nut on youtube wants to talk about knife crime while advertisng people to stock up on Ammo....
Fahim, I cannot smash the - sadly non-existent - like button enough. SPOT ON!

The propaganda spewed upon us by the MSM, US Govt, UK Govt and Aus Govt is truly bewildering, and yet the sheeple just drink it all in, barely any take a moment to think and analyse it, let alone resist it or query it because they were TOLD.

Now brace and watch Australia bend the knee to the US and send our Navy to the Gulf. Just wait and watch...of course, the Yanks strategised it well - 2 requests, one of which Australia was naturally going to immediately reject (hosting US missiles). Now the Brits are leaning on us after caving (as usual): https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...07-p52eyg.html
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 01:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
Lunatico Astronomical
Advertisement
OzScopes Authorised Dealer
Advertisement
Celestron Australia
Advertisement
Meade Australia
Advertisement
NexDome Observatories
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement
SkyWatcher Australia
Advertisement
Astronomy and Electronics Centre
Advertisement